All reviews local shops and restaurants wonderful days continental breakfast was very good quaint town make your own waffles would stay here again room was clean and comfortable downtown custer crazy horse location was perfect family room nice stay great room wi fi coffee maker needles highway wildlife loop
Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights and have only 2 issues. First room the tub had not been cleaned. Evident by the heavy soap scum ring I could scrape off with my fingernail. We were moved. 2nd issue I have with all hotels,motels,etc is the bad coffee. Coffee here is bad. Yes I'm a coffee snob and for the amount of money a person spends for a room,the least that could be done is serve good brewed coffee. This was a fairly quiet and pet friendly hotel conveniently located in town. Easy walk to most restaurants and stores. Staff was very professional and friendly. My room was cleaned every day and comfortable. It's worth a try if your headed this way but book ahead as they were full every night we were here.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2018

Stayed 8 nights during my hiking trip in Custer area. The room was nice and clean, the bathroom was very nice, looks like it was recently remodeled. I was very dissapointed of the breakfast area, poorly lit and lack of fresh fruit. The only fruit available was small apples every single day

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

For what you pay this is a great hotel; fast check-in, good Wi-Fi, great location, comfortable beds, coffee maker, good sized breakfast (complete with waffle maker), and a huge amount of TV channels to watch.

If you're expecting a five star hotel then go pay $300 a night, for $59 a night, this is an excellent hotel. I'd recommend it to anyone who is on a budget and doesn't have ridiculous expectations which I'd imagine a lot if the people giving bad reviews do.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2018

The room was supposed to be non-smoking and smelled very heavily of smoke. The blanket provided on the bed was just a simple fleece throw - nothing else. Carpet was dingy. Breakfast was simple - just bread for toast and cereal were provided - other hotels tend to have some form of hard-boiled egg or more fruit. On the first day there, the staff came in an "cleaned." I had left a pair of shoes in a plastic bag to keep the room clean since I had hiked in those shoes and there was some dirt on them. I had put these shoes below my suitcase which was sitting on a rack in the room. The shoes had literally only been worn once. I had just purchased them only for this trip - they were water-proof hiking shoes since I was on this trip to see the Black Hills parks. They cost me $119.95. The hotel staff claims to have thrown out my shoes when the cleaned the room (which they weren't supposed to do since they had asked us if they needed to clean every day and we told them only every-other-day). This left me on a 2 week hiking trip with only the pair of sneakers I had worn out for that day! The staff did not have much care for the fact that my brand-new shoes were removed from my room and instead (insensitively) asked if they could clean my room that day! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone I know in case their belongings go missing like mine. The rooms are dirty and smell very strongly of smoke. The accommodations are inadequate with the thin fleece blanket provided.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

We loved our stay here. It was quiet and clean. The workers are friendly. Breakfast was good. No swimming pool or hot tub. We would stay here again. We are staying two nights and they offer room service.

Trip type: Travelled with family