All reviews hot tub and sauna custer state park black hills indoor pool purple pie place stay there again microwave and refrigerator stayed here for nights rooms were very clean bit dated air conditioner separate bedroom bed was comfortable small room crazy horse rapid city home base
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We spent one night in this hotel during our midwest roundtrip. The manager was very friendly when we checked in. The room was clean and attractively furnished. We had a good breakfast for two dollar with eggs and coffee served. Three days after leaving I found out that I forgot my battery charger. After e-mailing to the manager that I forgot my charger, he sent it to me on my home address in the Netherlands free of charge. It is the best service I ever had.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here for one night in August. The rate was the best we could find. The room was clean and had 2 BR. Second BR could (at least) use a ceiling fan. We had the $1.99 breakfast which did not include tea or coffee, but they cost something like 42 cents with free refills! Hard to believe it's 2012! We did not have time to use the pool or spa, but they looked nice. We would have enjoyed it.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Really good place to stay. A little dated but room was spacious, bed comfortable and owner very friendly and helpful with advice on the area. If I am through Custer again, I will definitely stay here.

Room tip: We stayed in room 130 and would ask for it again.
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in early September 2012 in a King room for about $70 per night (actually we requested and got the same room we had in 2010). The owners are very friendly & accommodating. The bed was very comfortable with lovely bedding. The room was quiet, very spacious with lots of room to set suitcases and had a fridge & micro. There is a great big pool which we again enjoyed, and we again enjoyed sitting outside our door & having a few drinks. We purchased the breakfast coupons for $1.99 - what a deal! We look forward to staying here again in the future and highly recommend.

1  Thank albertaroadtripper
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Really nice owners and a great place to stay. Love to drive right up to my room because it makes it easy to unload. Huge indoor pool. Everything is very well kept. Real homey feel. Would definately stay again.

Room tip: All rooms were easy to access. We had a trailer so parked on the street and were given the first room by the office. The 25 cent soda machine is very thoughtful and appreciated.