We chose this hotel because it 'looked nice' on the Crystal website and we thought the kids would like the pool. When we arrived we couldn't have been more impressed with our choice. The Hochfirst is located just a few steps away from the slopes and the Ski School meeting area which was perfect for our children. A quick ride on a button lift, take a right at the top and a short ski down to the left and you arrive at the main gondola in the village - all so easy! On the way back the 6 blue took you right to the hotel and a few steps and a lift later you were at the boot room which was well laid out and heated so the next morning you put your feet into lovely warm boots!
After a day of skiing, what better than to use the pool facilities which included hydrotherapy jets to ease those well used muscles, two jacuzzi's and comfy reclining chairs for a well earned nap if required. I had the most amazing reflexology and back massage and my daughter had a 'lovely' back massage and eyebrow shape which she was very happy with.
The staff couldn't have been more helpful and in particular Selina in the restaurant and Billy in the bar who both greeted us by name after our first meeting.
The food was exceptional and far exceeded our expectations and was washed down with some gorgeous Austrian wine, recommended by Selina.
Our only gripe, and it was difficult to find one, is that we felt the junior suites on the north facing side needed a refurbishment like those on the south. We can't wait to return and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to every type of traveller.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to one of the most exclusive hotels in Ötztal. Alpine wellness resort Hochfirst **** Superior is located directly on the ski piste, amidst an impressive mountain backdrop. Our hotel was built in 1934 and from then on has been extended and refurbished time and again in order for us to be able to provide our guests with the best possible service and comfort. These days the Hotel Hochfirst is a prime setting for a dreamy skiing holiday in Obergurgl!Wellness & Gourmet in the luxurious Hotel HochfirstAfter an energetic time on the slopes of the "Top Quality" Hochgurgl-Obergurgl ski area you can relax and unwind in our 1500 m² Alpine Spa or indulge in our Beautyfarm with exclusive Ligne ST Barth treatments. Our chefs treat you to some tasty culinary delights & in our wine cellar we have some of the best wines from all the world's growing areas. Alpine Wellness Resort Hochfirst ****Superior.A hotel with a style which is beyond compare.The atmosphere: welcoming & cosy.The surroundings: summits, wild and beautiful, which seem close enough to reach out and touch.Ski holiday in ObergurglSituated right on the ski piste, the Alpine Wellness Resort Hochfirst is set in the most snow-assured winter sports area in the Alps. 110 km of the best prepared pistes await in the Obergurgl - Hochgurgl ski area. 24 state-of-the-art lifts carry you quickly and comfortably to the lofty heights, up to 3000 metres altitude. This means an extra special skiing holiday is assured. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Alpen Wellness Resort Hotel Hochfirst reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Hochfirst Alpen-Wellness Obergurgl
- Hochfirst Hotel Obergurgl