See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 6, 2018

An excellent family hotel located about 200 paces from the rendl lift [highest access in the area].... If you are looking for a quiet well run family hotel this would be the spot... Rudy and his wife are quite helpful, in every respect... for example picking up my daughter and I at the train station with a smile on his face,, Rudy can also cook a Fine breakfast,, as that is what he does, 'every day is the same',, cooking a fine breakfast.. our room, was a suite [room 114],, extra large with a separate bedroom so that my daughter could sleep in,,, the hotel is a bargain compared to the M3 at which we had stayed five years ago,, the restaurant is excellent, order the house specialty the encrusted port tenderloin,, [reservations are necessary as there are only ten or so tables'' if you prefer pizza or Italian, simply walk across the street [res. not necessary] ,,, of you prefer fondue simply walk down the stairs to hotel fahrner..[res. necessary].. if you prefer pizza with the younger crowd, go to Scotty's pizza,,, excellent pizza with a good bottle of French red for 16 euro,, pizza extra.. Thanks Rudy and Family, we had an excellent stay ... Sincerely, ska,, Tucson arizona

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2018

I have to contradict a lot of prior reviews here as I had a thoroughly pleasant stay in this small hotel, a two minute walk up the hill from the Galzig/Rendl gondolas. Perhaps there's been a change of management/staff as I found them friendly and helpful? I've seen this in Megeve where you could see a cavernous divide in reviews for one hotel between those who had interacted with one member of staff and those that had not! Perhaps the hotel needs to rebrand itself to shed prior reputation if it has moved on?

Ground floor is a small restaurant and tiny bar, first/second are rooms and basement is a very well kept, secure boot room. The rooms on second floor have an attractive soft wood look which fits the Alpine character of the building/town and a clever layout to maximise space. Bathrooms have a decent size, hot towel rail/radiator which every snow lover will appreciate for drying items. Mattresses are what you'd expect for a hotel in this price range but could be a bit better.

Didn't try the restaurant but that was only because I'd made so many reservations at old favourites in advance. Decent choice at breakfast. No toaster for the Brits but I'd imagine they would have toasted some bread if I'd asked.

Only minor issue was an old fashioned hot water system with lack of temperature/pressure regulation on showers. The shower will suddenly get very hot about a minute after starting it and can vary a bit during busy times presumably as other water users compete for pressure. Young children would benefit from some warning about this particularly if they are used to a temperature/pressure regulated system at home.

It's walkable from rail station if you have light luggage and take care in the rail station car park/roads. I took a taxi due to weight issues. Taxi driver had his own unusual, incorrect pronunciation for the hotel, odd.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 4, 2017 via mobile

We stayed as a group of four in a suite room in February 2017 for a skiing trip. Very friendly staff they couldn't do enough for us. Great hotel very close to the centre. The breakfast was especially nice -

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 3, 2017

My girlfriend and I stayed in the hotel over the xmas period and can only say nice things about the room and hotel. The room was a perfect size for 2 with an extra sofa and coffee table to enjoy the mountain view in the morning. It is better suited to German speakers but non the less we got by! Location wise its ideal for the local amenities and to access the ski lift.

All in all I would say its a winner

Room Tip: Have the room with the Juliet balcony doors if it is free
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2016 via mobile

Stayed with 3 friends (all of us 30+ yrs old) for a week of skiing. It was clear right from the start that the owners did not like us. On the first day we were told twice (!) in an unfriendly tone that "the apres ski ends at the door" i.e. they already assumed we were trouble.. After the first day of skiing we arrived to the hotel at 7pm and went to our rooms to freshen up before dinner. All of a sudden the male owner runs into our room and starts shouting at us and threatens to throw us out if we do not behave. We had not even been loud or done anything wrong. We were all really offended by it. It's a really bad way to start your vacation having to worry about being thrown out as well as having to stay in a hotel where the owners clearly dislike you. On the day of checkout we had planned to go skiing for a couple of hours but were not allowed to use the shower in the sauna after skiing and at first they would not allow us to leave our car parked until 1pm (checkout is 11:30). The female owner was really mad and even cursed at us. In the end after a lot of discussion they eventually let us park the car until 1pm but we could forget about taking a shower.. To summarize, the owners are really unfriendly and don't know a single thing about hospitality and good service. After reading through the other reviews it seems we are not the only ones who had this experience. It is really a shame since the location is good and there's nothing wrong with the hotel itself. Obviously I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends