All reviews church bells soup ski lift spa meters
Reviewed August 9, 2017

The hotel itself is excellent in every way.

The hotel is reviewed below, BUT, the problem happens at 06:00, when the church bells about 20 meters away, chime for 63 times in 3 minutes.
06:00 - 20 times
06:01 - 21 times
06:02 - 22 times, just in case you weren't fully conscious by then.

I don't know if we hit a "bad week", but I've a feeling this is a "traditional thing".

Hotel:
=====
We stayed in April for 4 nights on a HB basis.

Breakfast
Including a buffet of bacon & eggs, continental, fresh bread, fresh croissants, variety of jams, real honey with honeycomb. Cold meats, toast, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruits, and an orange juicer machine !

Tables were allocated by surname, so you sat at the same spot every day.
Staff were incredibly efficient and professional.

Dinner was a menu selection: salad, soup, main, dessert.

On the 3rd floor is the spa, which is really quite excellent.
I had a back massage which really did the trick after 2 days skiing.
If I had stayed a day longer, I'd have had my legs done as well.

If you book, try to get a room as far away from the church as possible.

skiiing:
=====
They operate a shuttle bus every half an hour at 00 and 30, taking you to the foot of the ski lift.

They also have a ski room to leave your equipment.

Room Tip: If you book, try to get a room as far away from the church as possible.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2017

My wife and I spent five days there in early March and enjoyed every minute.
Big room, in a modern style which was a change for us but very nice, even so.
The food was absolutely fabulous and was varied each night, sometimes on a "theme". On one evening there was a dessert display that amazed. Guests were taking photos. A chocaholic would have killed to get at it! Huge choices at breakfast, too.
Only 100 metres to the main road, with a bus stop in either direction and an apres-ski bar there as well. The ski room is huge with locks for the skis and a free shuttle bus will take you to both lifts. Tourist Information, post office, chemist, all a short walk across the road.
Staff were very friendly and attentive, too.
Don't bother to look for another hotel of a similar star rating, this one is outstanding.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front seem to have a nicer view.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2017

Nice 4* Hotel relatively close to the ski lifts. Great locker facilities at the base for a small charge. Very good quality food and a lot of it! I would rate this hotel as pretty good value for the facilities in a ski town.
Rooms were nice size with balconies.
The following comments are similar to a number of Austrian hotels I've stayed in:
Pillows were very strange / poor quality.
Double bed comes with 2 single duvets instead of one big one.
Bath towels were very small and poor quality.
WiFi was mostly ok, with occasional busy/ congested times.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed December 6, 2016 via mobile

We had an amazing trip in Solden and a very nice surprise with this hotel. We booked a ski trip from Romania trough "snow fest" event and we had a really nice surprise when we arrived there. The rooms are nice, big and cozy and the food was absolutely delicious!! Also, their spa is the best I've ever seen on a four star hotel and I have travelled a lot. It's much much better than in pictures. I trully recommend this one and I will come back there! They deserve 5 stars!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2016

We stayed here a couple of nights for a short ski and had an excellent experience.
Our room was very big, more like a suite, with spacious sitting area.
In the morning there is a very generous breakfast buffet.
The restaurant is a cosy spot with extremely tasteful dinners.
A special word about the fabulous wellness. It's very extensive with a lot of space and superb facilities. A truly relaxing place.
The hotel isn't ski-in, ski-out, but has the handy benefit of having a skidepot right at the start/end of the ski slope and ski lift. So you don't have to walk back with all your skiing gear.
Very friendly and professional service.
We can highly recoommend this hotel for a great ski trip.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple