US$76
US$70
US$113
US$99
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

Free cancellation until 25/07
US$83
US$92
Mojave Trails Inn & Suites(Twentynine Palms)
US$65
Harmony Motel(Twentynine Palms)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$90
US$80
9 Palms Inn(Twentynine Palms)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$59
El Rancho Dolores Motel(Twentynine Palms)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$66
US$59
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewschoice hotelsjoshua treewafflescontinental breakfastfire pitnice roomeasy chairstater brothersgrocery storetwo nightsfridge and microwaveupgraded to a suiteclean roomswi fiyucca valleyhot tubminute drive
Reviewed March 9, 2018

Wanted to stay somewhere close to the Joshua Tree National Park for a night and picked here though I haven't stayed in a Rodeway Inn for decades and was pleasantly surprised. For a middle of the road brand we had a King Suite which was huge, well maintained, with a great bed, good wifi and no external noise. I'm sure one day someone will eventually invent a silent affordable air conditioning unit for budget hotels!
Breakfast was complimentary. Although you placed your order everything arrived lukewarm - half a waffle, scrambled eggs and two sausages for me and soggy toast, scrambled eggs and sausages for my wife. Far from the best complimentary breakfast we've ever had.
Finally, we'd flown in from the UK, picked up our rental at 3pm and spent over four hours in LA traffic getting out to the hotel. Unpacked and headed for the bar for a well deserved beer (for information the restaurant closes at 7:30pm). Only beer available are small bottles of average 'artisan' brands at $6 each. As it was the equivalent of 4:00am UK time we were too tired to go elsewhere so we drank a few of these.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SugarloafView
Reviewed February 23, 2018

The personnel at the front desk was great. Our rooms were ready before check in. The beds were comfortable with good linens, Pillows could have been better though. Jacuzzi was warm and clean, and so was the pool. The free breakfast was a surprise and very tasty.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2018

Upon check in, we were told that only 2 rooms were available as they were 100%booked after we and our friends booked these last two king bed rooms. Our friends room was a king room, ours however, was 2queen beds. 2 very worn out and jiggly beds. After sitting on them, my husband and I decided that we better sleep in separate beds. It would be next to impossible to get any sleep with 2 people in one bed if one of those people moved at all during the night. Awful awful beds! We were told that the hotel was at capacity because of its close proximity to Camp Pendleton. It’s a 3 hour and 15 minute drive from here! The parking lot was empty. The price we paid was higher than Choice Hotels own site listed as we saw when we logged on to the free WiFi. Our friends, who have AAA, mentioned that to use that discount but were told that discount wasn’t available for them. I think they need to report this hotel to AAA as non compliant. I can’t yet comment on the free breakfast, but I can say that I am NOT looking forward to attempting to eat anything from here.
Summation: dishonest staff, horrible beds, loud air conditioning unit, almost deafeningly loud refrigerator. I would never ever stay here again and strongly advise others to stay elsewhere. Unless you want to overpay and be told untruths.

Room Tip: Avoid all rooms
Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Hotel29Palms, Director of Sales at Rodeway Inn & Suites 29 Palms near Joshua Tree National Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell other travelers about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that it was not a more pleasant experience for you.
I'm sorry that some of the appliances were noisy; I have asked my maintenance staff to check the air conditioning unit and the refrigerator to be sure they are working properly. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
We do realize that everyone's bed preference is different, and we try to provide beds that are suitable for everyone. The beds are rotated and replaced regularly, but I am sorry that they were not to your personal comfort level.
As you mentioned, you did reserve our last available rooms on the night you stayed with us; I'm unsure how you saw a price online after you checked in. Perhaps it was a price quote for a future date?
As you experienced, the town of Twentynine Palms is very busy this time of year! We are located just a few miles south of a large training base, and we are home to the headquarters of Joshua Tree National Park. While there isn't a single event causing the town to be busy, the combination of our 65 degree winter weather, our proximity to the national park and the Marine base have drawn quite the crowd. If you would prefer to visit Twentynine Palms during a less-crowded period, consider visiting us again during the Summer or early Fall.
Again, I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your visit. I'm sorry that we did not exceed your expectations, and I hope you will visit our award-winning hotel again to give us another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Reviewed December 25, 2017

Stayed two nights and shared the king size bed. This bed is very bouncy. Bouncy like when you were a kid and double bounced your friend really high on a trampoline. It made for some very restless nights. By the second night my dreams were full of anxiety and panic. The dreams were mostly based on earthquakes which in real life were triggered by the other person rolling over in bed, but my super tired brain just kept getting sucked back into these crazy dreams.

The edges also have much more support than the center, so most of this rolling over is rolling over to get to the edge of the bed. I let one leg dangle over the side for good measure.

The pillows are meant for back sleepers, not side sleepers. One pillow is not enough and two is too much. You can't bunch one up to the right height, they just go flat again.

Everything else about the hotel seems pretty decent, and it was fairly quiet. Would stay again if they change the beds.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Hotel29Palms, Front Desk Agent at Rodeway Inn & Suites 29 Palms near Joshua Tree National Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with such detailed feedback about your stay. I am very sorry to hear that our top of the line beds were unsatisfactory during your stay. I apologize that the bed was very bouncy and that it interrupted your sleep. Our beds, linens and pillows are top of the line but we realize that all guests have differing personal preferences. We apologize that our bed was very uncomfortable for you. Next time you stay with us, we will make sure to put you in a different room in hopes that bed will be able to fit your comfort needs better.
We are glad you were satisfied with the rest of your stay and that you let us know your personal, candid feedback. We hope your travels bring you to Twentynine Palms again, so we can make your next stay better than your last.

Reviewed December 20, 2017

We stayed at this hotel as it was a good entry point into Joshua's Tree National Park.
This is a very decent budget hotel and you get what you pay for. Good and clean rooms, good location and friendly staff. Actually, what I would say stands out was the staff as everyone we interacted with was very friendly and helpful.
The only thing that was slightly uncomfortable was breakfast. It is served at the restaurant and there are a few options to choose from. It was good, but not as nice as a buffet breakfast would be.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple