After our awful BW experience in Page, AZ, we were starting to question our loyalty to the BW brand, and had some trepidation about our upcoming stay in 29 Palms. What a lovely surprise. Because we are BW rewards members, we were upgraded to a king suite and given water, cookies and a handwritten thank you note from the management. The suite was huge and very comfortable, and absolutely spotlessly clean. There was a well-equipped kitchen, which we didn't really need, and that was also spotless.
What really makes this property, though, is the staff and management. We were made to feel as though they were really happy we were staying there and nothing was too much trouble; whether towels for the pool or making change for large bills, everything came with a smile.
The breakfast was really good quality, and always included a couple of hot items. The lady presiding over the breakfast room was always smiling and welcoming, and it too was spotlessly clean.
The Wednesday night 'guest appreciation reception' is amazing. We were welcomed in, given the choice of beer, wine or soft drinks, and invited to help ourselves from a variety of items including caesar salad, spaghetti with 3 different sauces and garlic bread. We had a good meal, and it was all free. Just to thank their guests for staying with them. We got the impression that some of the guests were regulars, and I don't blame them.
We saw a number of military personnel around, but they were impeccably behaved so I can't comment on the complaints of a previous guest about drunken behaviour; we never saw any.
Lastly the cost: $339 for 3 nights including all taxes. I call that a bargain.
If your plans include 29 Palms, you should stay at this hotel. In fact, if your plans don't include 29 Palms, you should go there anyway to experience true hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN Gardens Hotel in Twentynine Palms, CA is conveniently located on Highway 62, minutes from the Twentynine Palms Marine Base and Joshua Tree National Park. Our Southern CA hotel offers complimentary amenities, including a hot breakfast buffet and wireless Internet, as well an outdoor pool overlooking the tranquil desert gardens. Whether you’re seeking a relaxing getaway or outdoor adventure at the Joshua Tree National Park, the Gardens Hotel is the perfect Mojave Desert escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Best Western, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Garden Hotel Twentynine Palms
- Best Western Twentynine Palms
- Twentynine Palms Best Western