“Nice place for vacation”
Review of Hotel Villa Letan

Hotel Villa Letan
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vodnjan
Reviewed 31 May 2015

Me and my husband stayed for couple of days in this neat and clean hotel in end of April . The rooms were very clean , staff was remarkably nice and polite, and food was very tasteful and good. Wifi is FREE of charge and available in most of the hotel . It was early to swim in the pool but it looks very nice. Beach is not so close, about one kilometer from hotel, but it s a nice walk . And to stay here you should have a car . If we come back to Istra, we will for sure come again here.

Room Tip: We managed to get a room on the 2nd floor overlooking the see and Brijuni island, it was a great pla...
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Genevieve V
Ante-T, Receptionist at Hotel Villa Letan, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2015

Thank you for your review, we are very glad that you were satisfied with our hotel, and hope to see you again next year. P.S This summer the beach was made new sou you shuld come back and check it out. Greets from team Villa Letan

Reviewed 6 September 2014

Room: very clean smell fine. Decor woeful painted on wall decor throughout hotel, veneer panelling everywhere,awful carpet on walls in hallways.

Service: freindly if on their terms. Wifi didnt work in room. I notified the desk who told me that it should work. Implying that it is my fault. I said I agree it should work. Because I have paid for it. She then said she has nothing to do with it. And her college would look at it at 3 pm. It was 7am. I said that's not good enough for me. She said it's available everywhere in the hotel as she waved her hand around. I told her I prefer to use it in my room and don't want to hang around in the hotel lobby. Then she had the audacity to ask me what I wanted her to do. I told her I want her to do her job. Do something about the problem. She said if the electricity was out then what would I do? I said is the electricity going out? Because that would be the responsibility of the electric company to fix. Just as it is your responsibility to fix this problem with the wifi. Then she said she would find me a different room. That room turned out just as bad regarding wifi and I gave up. So rude I am still 3 days later shocked at the gall of this woman.

I wouldnt call this a wellness spa at all. No one offered to help with my bags at all. When I changed rooms I wasn't helped either.

Also the fitness room is locked the alternative front door locked. So you walk around trying to open locked doors like an idiot all day and begging for keys.
And the breakfast is not for your wellness. Unless cake salami bacon and cheese is the magical new super group of foods.

Also it's in the middle of nowhere. So you'll need a car. And the properties across the road are overgrown with weeds and grass and the surrounding buildings make you feel like your stranded deep in the nether regions of Romania.

Not again.

• Stayed: September 2014
1  Thank simon b
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Raguz family members visited the hotel “Letan” in Peroj, close to Pula, in November 2012, and again in 2013. Thanks to the very friendly staff, and well equipped hotel, we decided to stay one weekend in November, every year, in this hotel. We had a great gathering of family and friends, and enjoyed excellent buffet meals with lots of good food and drinks.
During this weekend, Raguz family members planted a symbolic “Raguz olive tree" in "The Park of Kažuns", in Vodnjan, a small picturesque old town close to Pula, which also has an exceptional collection of sacral arts and relics in the Church of St. Blasius (Blaise). Kažuns (circular stone huts) are traditional Istrian houses using a special building method. "The Park of Kažuns" is unique in the world, and it was built in the spring of 2013, in the name of all farmers and residents of the Istrian region, in an area which is European designated as protected.
Great friends of the Raguz family, brothers Lorenzo and Livio Belci, from Vodnjan, who are famous producers of olive oil, and winners of numerous international and local awards, gave us a great gift - an olive tree which is 200 years old, from the traditional olive tree variety called Rosinjola. The old olive tree was replanted on this occasion for the purpose of regeneration of centennial trees and the protection and preservation of autochthonous olive tree varieties.
The “Raguz olive tree” was planted in the name of all our relatives who have migrated from Herzegovina to Istria, and for whom the town of Vodnjan is "a front door" for life in the Istrian region.
Hotel Letan also has its own olive trees, and we sampled their own wonderfully unique olive oil. Thanks to the Letan hotel staff, especially to Mrs. Maja and Mr. Ante. See you again in 2014!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank rrdj
Ante-T, Front Office Manager at Hotel Villa Letan, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Raguz group, we are very happy to have your trust for the second time, we are very pleased that you stayed again in our hotel, and very glad that you were satisfied .
You know that you are always welcome back, with best regards we send our greetings.

Reception

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Looks very nice, place to to sleep and hand your hat for the night. They charge by the person, $58/ night per person was the room I received. Place was booked solid. Breakfast was included, but EVERYTHING was salted to death. Eggs, bacon smoked, I was safe with the bread and a cream cheese.......if it doesn't come back up.
I asked for a very late, middle of the night check in due to being with Family nearby, so I showed up at 1:00am. The reception to great us was a little off, but got the job done. Asked for 2 pillows and he said he'll look........never saw him again. Air conditioning was a rating of 4 out of 10. The unit was broken and was trying to put out some cool air. Unfortunately it's 40 deg celc in Croatia right now and looking for something to cool me down.
The bathroom was below standard, tight quarters, shower was very tight to get in and out of, toilet flushes once every 10 minutes....don't ask....lol. At least it was partially clean. I won't stay here again.
But what a view once you drive to Adriatic coast...I guess that's why we are here after all.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Stucatz68
Reviewed 12 March 2013

We have stayed in Villa Letan for 5 nights in early July and it was splendid. The hotel is quite new. It has got wonderful swimming pool which compensates relative distance from the beach.(around 800m) Rooms are spacious and clean. Each room has a private balcony. But there is no fridge in the room which could be a problem in hot summer. The hotel offers very good a varied dinners. Breakfasts are basic but sufficient. There is a little restaurant by the pool where you can get a bottle of local wine quite cheaply (try Malvazja). The village Peroj is quiet and remote. There are only couple of restaurants and minimarkets = good for a walk, bad for nightlife (if you like that). I would definitely suggest to walk to Fazana(3Km). The beach is much better there.
On the other hand the hotel itself offers a lot of activities - big pool, tennis court, spa, restaurant.....

Negatives: nearest beach is far and not worth the walk, no refrigerator in the room, staff seemed to be more friendly to german or french tourists (no wonder though!- many Czechs cannot behave)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jan K

Dear mr. Jan K. we are very happy to be your host again , we are very pleased when you send us your reservation every year. We are sorry but unfortunatly, there isn't much we can do about the beach, but that s why we built a nice and big pool for our guests to relax under the sun . I' m sorry for the impression about not caring for Czech guests, we try to treat all the guests the same and not to have prejudices.
Hoping to hear from you soon, and to see you and your family again this summer, we send our best wishes and greetings

Reception

Reviewed 24 November 2012

Raguz Family members and friends spent a great weekend at hotel Letan. It is a great hotel with very friendly staff. The rooms are very clean and well equipped. There are meeting rooms and spaces for small groups. We had a great evening in the “Hunters' room”. Thanks to the hotel staff and especially Mrs. Maja and Mr. Ante. See you again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank rrdj
Reviewed 8 August 2012

A really nice hotel, very clean & spacious, lovely rooms, well equipped with good facilities (a really nice swimming pool, and a good tennis court) although use of the fitness centre is extra. The breakfast buffet was reasonably well stocked albeit a bit bland but the hot food was a bit luke warm. There are buffet dinners available which are reasonable for a simple dinner at a reasonable price and a restaurant for a la carte meals. Pretty good value for such a nice place at 99 euros for a double including breakfast. Not in the best location (in a little scruffy village in the middle of nowhere) but it is only a 10 minute walk to the local beach which is nice enough (small & pebbly in keeping with Istria) and close to Pula if you're driving.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank chriscjWivenhoe
Ante-T, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Villa Letan, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Hi, thank you for your stay, we are glad that you liked our hotel, and we would be very pleased if you would come again.
Just wanted to check, our fittness( gym ) is free of charge for hotel guests, maybe you meant wellness centre, which is paid extra , for use of saunas,jacuzy and solarium ?

Greetings
Ante T.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vodnjan
6.3 km away
6.4 km away
BarBoska
BarBoska
#2 of 7 in Vodnjan

Been to Hotel Villa Letan? Share your experiences!