“Good happy hour”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

Went here for fish and chips, it was quite good and generous portions (4 fish, fries and a small coleslaw) for $7.95 normally $12.95. A tourist mag said it was less and we could get chips and salsa free with a $10.00 order. Anyway 5 longboards, a fish and chips, chips and salsa for just $28.28 seemed pretty reasonable to me. Our waitress was friendly and fairly quick. There isn’t much of an ocean view but it is a comfortable place. I would definitely return.

Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

The food is excellent. We had a Cobb salad, nachos, and cheese bacon fries. The portions are huge. Angel was our waitress and she is amazing. She makes sure you are enjoying your meal and was always smiling. She was really busy but we never really had to wait for anything.

Reviewed January 7, 2018

Yeah, yeah!

A few months back, a couple of friends invited me to join them at Oceans for $2 tacos and beer. They offer $2 tacos on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I believe this was a Thursday night. When I arrived around 6:45pm, or so, there was an Aunty, just outside the entrance, stationed at a grill. She was preparing freshly made corn tortillas! Word up!
The place was full but not so crowded that it was uncomfortable. My friends spotted me and caught my attention with a wave of their arms. I made my way over and took a seat. Almost immediately the sweet waitress (Sorry, my Dear, I don't recall your name.) appeared and welcomed me. I ordered a Guinness and two beer battered and two blackened fish tacos. She asked if I would like the corn or wheat tortillas. I rocked with the freshly cooked corn joints! Both tacos were on point and delicious! After tasting them, I asked for an additional one of each.

Good company, vibrant atmosphere, and dope tacos! Word!

I enjoyed the experience enough to come back another night, with two different friends. What did I order? Two beer battered, two blackened fish tacos on corn tortillas.... and a Guinness! This night I remembered our lovely waitress was Kenoi (sp?). Service with a smile! One of the friends I was with was a vegetarian. She asked if they could make her taco without meat. They gladly accommodated her request.
Oceans has become one of my favorite locations to unwind after longs days. If you see me there, on a Tuesday or Thursday night, be sure to say "What up?!"

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed January 1, 2018 via mobile

My family of 4 tried Oceans based on TA reviews. I'd say the reviews were generous. Service was painfully slow -- for water, food (1 item forgotten), the bill, payment. We were too close to the bar and the wild football fans yelling and screaming. We couldn't talk amongst ourselves. My teenagers ordered fish and chips -- the fish was good but the fries were blah and needed salt. No seasonings on the table. The fountain drink did not taste right and its replacement also undrinkable but the server didn't charge us thankfully. My husband and I ordered the ground beef tacos (Saturday night is one of 3 taco nights). They were good and filling but came in a flour tortilla not the corn we had ordered. We had been looking forward to the corn tortillas as the lady at the entrance was making them as we walked in. The chips and salsa were disappointing. The chips were hard and salsa only so-so.

We won't be coming back.

Reviewed December 16, 2017

Went by for happy hour drinks on taco nite Thurs. Happy hour is 3:30 to 6:30 with $3.50 Dos Equis and $2.50 tacos. Ordered chips and salsa and artichoke hearts. Artichoke hearts were were the consistency of mashed potatoes not the normal county fair type, tacos were well stuffed with pork or any of the 5 other choices. Missed getting back on the fish and chip special days, maybe next time

Date of visit: December 2017