We stayed with our family in two rooms during the first week of April. Our rooms were absolutely perfect- first floor on the kids pool crescent. They were set back in the far north corner with a view over the shark pond and to the ocean- beautiful and quiet! Everything in the room was perfect and the housekeeping was impeccable.
The resort staff are simply the best you will find anywhere. We have stayed in many 5 star resorts- but have never experienced such gracious, sincere and knowledgeable service. From the breakfast staff, to the pool staff and especially the incredible concierge staff-all went above and beyond.
The resort itself was very busy as it was spring break- but it wasn't oppressively so. We had just come from a week at the Grand Wailea in Maui where the crowds were horrible.(If you didn't wake up by 6:00 am, you didn't sit by the pool and you were lucky to get a chair in the back row of the beach- never again!)
We especially enjoyed the natural landscape and rustic coastline. The walk along the "lava path" at sunset was magical. The Four Seasons developed this area without taking away the natural beauty- in fact, they enhanced it!
Thank you to all the gracious people at The Four Seasons for making our trip to the Big Island so memorable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting on the picturesque Kona-Kohala coast of Hawaii Island, the Four Seasons Resort Hualalai combines the warm aloha of the Islands with the impeccable signature service recognized by Four Seasons guests worldwide. With 243 guest rooms, an award-winning golf course, and seven pools, Four Seasons Resort Hualalai is the only Forbes Five Star and AAA Five Diamond Rated Resort in Hawaii. The Resort offers five dining options, including 'ULU Ocean Grill + Sushi Lounge, the only Forbes star-rated restaurant on the Island. Chefs in each dining outlet work with ingredients from over 160 local farms, and 75% of the food served is from Hawaii Island. The comfortable and spacious accommodations at the Resort are housed in intimate two-story bungalows arranged in small crescents along the beachfront and golf course. Additional features include an Ocean Adventures team, seven tennis courts, a spa with 14 treatment rooms and salon services, and a Cultural Center with classes and activities highlighting Hawaiian culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca and Evoline ltd so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Hualalai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Hualalai At Historic Ka`Upulehu
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai At Historic Ka`Upulehu Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Four Seasons Kailua-Kona
- Kailua-Kona Four Seasons
- Four Seasons Hawaii
- Four Seasons Hualalai
- Four Seasons Resort Hualalai Hawaii/Kailua-Kona