“Great Food, Friendly Staff”
Review of Krua Thai Cuisine

Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Henry Street
Description: Krua Thai Cuisine is the newest favorite within the Kona community. Popular prices and exciting variety make Krua a must experience on your visit to the Big Island. Over 60 menu selections daily means you can return over and over to find your favorite of all the delectables. Truly Authentic Thai food from the Heart in the heart of Kailua-Kona
Reviewed February 8, 2018

We had several meals here during our stay in Kailua-Kona, and enjoyed the experience each time. They have a lunch menu that is served from 11 a.m. til 3 p.m. and the portions are ample in size. They also offer take out. Our favourites were the Pad Thai and the Drunken Noodles; staff were efficient and friendly.

Reviewed January 23, 2018 via mobile

The restaurant was understaffed. Two attendant available for ten tables and carry out. They worked very hard but could not keep up. The food was very good. My wife had the drunken noodles and I had salmon with cashews. It was well cooked and tasty. Maybe the fact that it was Monday led to it being understaffed. If you do not mind the wait, the food is worth it.

Reviewed January 21, 2018

We discovered this restaurant quite by accident, but have visited twice in the past week. Great Food - love the Pineapple Curry dish. The only thing to remember is that they do not sell alcohol there, but you can BYOB.

1  Thank Tennis F
Reviewed January 9, 2018

The service was slow and unfriendly. I had a chicken dish; the chicken tasted stale and old, it was not fresh and had that strange taste chicken has, when it´s not fresh. I´ve been to Thailand several times and have experienced what good Thai food tastes like; this food isn´t good. The restaurant has a view on a large and busy 4-lane-street with loud traffic. Overall: I can´t recommend this restaurant! There are much better Thai restaurants directly on the waterfront in Kona.

Krua, Manager at Krua Thai Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2018

Thank you for your response, sorry to hear that you were unhappy with our service and food, even though we greet each customer with a welcome. Kitchen will be informed as well. We have been with Krua for almost 10 years and never had we have a problem of our location. Prior to entering our restaurant it’s already obvious that you will be seeing nothing like beach front.

Reviewed January 8, 2018

My brother-in-law, who lives in Kona, and I ate here for lunch this last Saturday. Their special lunch price, $10, is not in effect on Saturdays, which was a disappointment. What was not a disappointment was the quality of food. My brother-in-law had the pad thai, which he considered to be the best he had had here in Kona. I had the red curry with pineapple, medium spice, which was excellent.
Service was very quick. Also, my brother-in-law left his wallet behind by mistake. When he called the restaurant a few minutes after we had left, they confirmed they had the wallet, and had been trying to contact Joe via Facebook to let him know! Great service!

Aloha Kurt, thank you for your response. We’re glad to help. Yes our lunch specials are only for weekdays. Much Mahalo!