“Good Time with Good People”

Hawaii Lifeguard Surf Instructors
More attraction details
Owner description: Hawaii Lifeguard Surf Instructors are born and raised in the islands. Who better to visit when in Kona but the Natives! Surf with actual Hawaiian Lifeguards, take a Kayak Tour or learn how to Stand Up Paddle. HLSI is a family owned and operated Big Island Surf School. Come surf with our OHANA! Located in the Heart of Kailua-Kona On Ali'i Drive. South of mile marker 1. Situated between the Kona Reef Resort and Ali'i Cove. Across the street from Honls Beach Park (Wai'aha Bay).
Kamuela, HI
“Good Time with Good People”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Thank you Tif & HLSI We had lots of fun! So good to see everyone out there having a great time.

Visited March 2012

Alpharetta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We live in Georgia so when my husband, myself and our 18 yr. old daughter went to Hawaii our daughter wanted to take a surfing lesson. We were a little bit skeptical (were do you surf in GA.) but said ok. I am glad we did and also glad we picked Hawaii Lifeguard surf instructors. She had a private 2 hour lesson and loved every minute of it. The instructor was great and very patient. I couldn't believe how excited my husband and I got the first time she stood up on the board on a wave. She was so excited when the lesson was over. Of course she wants to do it again!!!

Visited February 2012
HLSI, Owner at Hawaii Lifeguard Surf Instructors, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
On behalf of our ohana (family) thank you for joining us out on the water. We value your review and thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. We look forwad to surfing with you all again. Aloha from Team HLSI
New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic end to a great family vacation”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

On the last day of our long vacation tired and worn out, our crew decided to finish our trip with a surf lesson. We did a little shopping around and ran across HLSI. They had a great price AND terrific reviews. Our party consisted of three adults and my six year old daughter. None of us had ever been on a surf board. My initial phone call with Tiffany made a good impression - that combined with the price and the good reviews- so we booked the lesson for the next morning. We first met Tiffany at the offices for the first part of our lesson. She was patient with all of our many questions and we took comfort learning of the many credentials of all the teachers, especially considering I was about to put my little girl on a board in the waves with one of them. We then followed the instructors to the beach for the water. ( We booked a private lesson for my daughter and a group lesson for the three adults). John, Jacob and Kellii had everything ready for us and got us all right out into the waves. Kellii was right by my daughter's side the entire time. He even got her standing a few times and she never fell off the board. John and Jacob took on the more difficult task of the adults! Their laid back confidence, friendly nature, patience and experience made for an awesome time...truly the highlight of our trip. I would, without question, recommend and use this family owned and operated business again.

abcde
“Perfect to learn surfing”
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I had a lot of fun with H.L.S.I. The intructors were helpful, friendly and very motivating. The surfspot was also great - good waves and less people.

Visited February 2012
Thank you for joining us at Hawaii Lifeguard Surf Instructors. We value your response and would like to know if there is anything we could have done to improve our services to have gained a 5 point rating?

We want to insure customer satisfaction and would appreciate any advice and feedback.
On behalf of Team HLSI, mahalo.
Saint Peters, Missouri
“Great fun for the first time on a board”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

The instructors were very good teachers and encouraging.

Visited January 2012