“Good happy hour”

Ranked #72 of 306 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: A former Wendy's restaurant completely redone.
Reviewed February 6, 2018 via mobile

I was here for late afternoon drinks. Good drinks and a good view. It gets a bit hot in the afternoon sun, so don't sit in the open.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,006)

Reviewed February 5, 2018

We stopped here for lunch after snorkeling and it was lovely. Good service and quick too. We sat in the shade on the patio and had cocktails and lunch while talking about Chicago vs. Kona! It was very funny. I ordered the Saipan which I wouldn't order again. (Order if you really like Ramen Noodles.) The fish sandwich and fish tacos were the best...and that's what I'll order next time. This is just a casual and enjoyable spot for lunch.

1  Thank Sariah11
Reviewed February 2, 2018

Yes, the food is good, but it took forever to arrive. Concrete floors and loud background music do not make for a good place to have a conversation, folks. We can get good island food elsewhere.

1  Thank Greenwell3
Reviewed January 31, 2018 via mobile

I am a local and this is my favorite restaurant!
Its locally owned.
The staff.are so friendly,.authentic, and exceptionaly hospitable.
The views of the ocean , especially at sunset, are.exceptional.
I love the open air style.
And I love the firepits outside in the evening.
And I love that they have an herb garden in the side yard for use to make recipes super fresh, and they also buy alot from local farmers

their salads are.soooo good!.

My fave restaurant!

1  Thank jdinhawaii
Reviewed January 30, 2018

I've been to Sam Choy's for breakfast with my folks before so knew the view was off the hook, but this was our first time here for dinner.

We shared the edamame, and Brie Won Ton for starters. Both were delicious for me and my vegetarian wife. The edamame tho! Usually you get salt, Sam provides teriyaki and wasabi drizzles that I wanted to lick off the plate. I was even eating the cabbage bed

I would have covered my entre with it too (and maybe I dipped a little). I had the catch of the day (mahi mahi), with mashers and veggies which was perfectly good as well...but that edamame!

1  Thank Kerby K