Koa Wood Hale - Patey's Place Hostel
US$149
US$144
Priceline
  • Pool
Wyndham Mauna Loa Village(Kailua-Kona)
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed April 15, 2011

We paid $75/night for a private room and the room was super hot and the window was busted. It felt like crashing in your ghetto friend`s spare bedroom. We`ve stayed in hostels around the world and this was one of the worst, even compared to third-world country hostels.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kk_montreal
Reviewed March 15, 2011

This hostels is one of the best hostels I've ever been. Very clean and quiet; no party hostel. helpful and friendly staff, a nice living room and kitchen and best of all a very big terrace with a beautiful view. walking distance to the busyer places. I would like to stay there again

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed March 5, 2011

Overall very enjoyable stay!

Positives:
- Quiet location
- Free parking
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Loved the birds outside!!
- Very nice commons area
- Shelve for exchange of things was awesome!
- Very good location for people without a car as it's walking distance to Downtown Kona
- Free wifi
- fully equiped clean kitchen

Negatives:
- Dorm room was quite stuffy. Only old fan on ceiling that didn't help much.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed January 20, 2011

The hostel is located in the suburbs of Kona, but certainly in walking distance to the beach and all the amenities. It is a very unique hostel, but in a great way. I've never stayed at a better cleaned and maintained place. It's compulsory not to wear shoes, which is fine by me. Last night, the neighbors carved up a 450lb pig in their yard. The sunsets from the top balcony are amazing. I've stayed here for 5 days, and I wish it could have been for 5 days more. My taxi driver warned me that Patey's place is located in a bad part of town, but that's BS. It's definitely colorful, but totally safe. A real authentic view of Kona.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
KoaWoodHale, Manager at Koa Wood Hale - Patey's Place Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2011

Thanks for your kind words -- aloha from Zero & Erin & the gang in Kona
Come see us again when you can
until then...Mahalo!

Reviewed January 12, 2011

This is my first time staying in hostel I'm amaze of how clean and quiet the place is. I can see the ocean from my bed room window, I stay in a private room shared bath (clean bath room), for single 55 bucks (tax included) and I believe extra 10 dollar for additional guest. Very close from Ali'i street which is the central for shopping and dining. Definetly will go back!

• Stayed: January 2011