Lots of rules to follow but it helps A LOT to keep order. Definitely not a party hostel [no alcohol allowed on premises] but keeps the grounds quiet and peaceful. There are a lot of spiders outside and one crawled into the coed dorm room and bit my leg but it is healing nicely [bugs are just naturally drawn to me]. I was the only girl in the coed room and it wasn't a problem at all. The beds were comfy [I sleep like a rock anyhow] and the bathroom/living room were all clean. Great location for the price [25 a person plus hotel taxes] Would definitely stay again just would need some bug spray before hopping into bed. If the spider thing freaks you out, try to get the top bed farthest from the window [I slept on the lower bunk right next to the window]
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take off your shoes and relax. Welcome to Koa Wood Hale. Our convenient location, friendly staff, and long list of extras are for your enjoyment. We have 3 dorm rooms:Mens dorm (4 beds) female only dorm (4 beds) and a coed-dorm (4 beds). Upstairs we offer 4 private rooms, 2 rooms share a space and these rooms may accomidate 1-3. Fresh Bedding and towels are provided.Free parking - wifi - computer & printer - full use kitchen and bath - t.V room with dvd player and movies - book trade - lockers - laundry facilities - maps and information - ++++ plenty of spacious common areas to meet other travelers from around the world!We are happy to loan you things you may need that we have extra of: beach towels, bags, tents, snorkel gear, sunscreen, band-aids, slippers, hats and umbrellas... Ask around or have a look on one of our community shelvesBikes and Boards for hire. Office Hours:8 a.M. To Noon (checkout by 10am)5 p.M. - 10 P.M. (Checkins) ***PLEASE NOTE***NO CHECK IN AFTER 10PM! If you can not make it by 10:00 pm you could speak with the manager in advance and we will try to get you in your room that night. Checkins before 5pm available but not before 12pm, this is so we can provide you with a clean and ready apartment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Koa Wood Hale - Patey's Place Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koa Wood Hale - Patey`s Place Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Koa Wood Hale - Patey's Place Hostel Hawaii/Kailua-Kona