Aloha back from the trip a few hours ago.
Just returned from a surprise birthday present to my wife.
The Swim with the Manta rays was high on her wish list. and the Sheraton offered the best location next door.
This once gem of Kona still offers a great location , grounds and activities.
it offers now a great family destination or a great base before going to explore what the big island has in store.
The free trolley to go in the old kona is a plus and with a bit of explaining can offer an alternate to a $ 80 a day car rental option (seating is limited and some other guests could not board 2 trolleys in a row as they were already full) .
time is money in paradise.
Great grounds to The Hotel choices for meal service varied during the stay, the coffee shop at the pool level was open on Friday morning and closed through the following Monday.
the light fare option was the pool restaurant.
High surf forced the closure of half of the available space at the Rays on the Bay restaurant thus creating a shortage of space and requesting reservation for a table.
The size of the property also assures for your daily count of steps should you need to "schlep"
back and forth to the room and pool, restaurants and or excursions.
The Spirit of Aloha was found with the following great employees :
Debra the manager at the front desk who took the time to listen and react in a professional manner when a series of issues arose.
Erin at the front Counter who arranged for the late check out and provided the best information.
Gary at the Concierge desk, a gold mine of information (and Foreigner # 1 fan)
Aunt Jane for Room Service, with the best Aloha greeting in the morning !
The ukulele and Hawaiian dance class in the lobby.
the spirit of Aloha was not felt for the following is written as for the management to be aware of the issues and hopefully remedy it before any other trip to visit the Manta rays in the bay.
Our misfortune for this reservation was to get a parking lot view room in a sold out hotel with No other alternative to switch to after mentioning the following:.
# 4 Am Friday and Monday when the refuse service came to collect the trash with a bang.
-> The hotel should negotiate with their suppliers: 4 Am trash truck or 7 Am Robert bus services both equipped with a backing beeping signal.
# The loudest locks on the doors that made each door closing to sound as if it was slammed....at any time of the day and the night.
I have left the recommendation for management to spend a week day night in room 4367 and experience both. Hopefully this could force some solutions to be found even faster?
#The lack of documentation by employees of an issue into the client file when being addressed thus forcing a re-visit of the disagreement by the time of checking out is borderline insulting and definitely not expected in a SPG / Sheraton brand property.
We will return to Kona for the Fair Winds Manta Cruise.
our choices for rooms and requests will be stronger by our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the diversity of Hawaii's Big Island with family and friends at Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort & Spa. From stargazing atop majestic Mauna Kea to tours of nearby Kona Coffee farms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Hotel Kailua-Kona
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Kailua-Kona
- Sheraton Keauhou Bay Resort & Spa
- Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa At Keauhou Bay Hawaii/Kailua-Kona