“Great Pizza, Calzone, and Salads”
Review of Mahina Pizza

Mahina Pizza
Ranked #104 of 293 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Don't be in a hurry. Because things are made to order it can take some time. The food is worth the wait, and the service is friendly. The chicken pizza with a blue cheese base was unique and yummy. We enjoyed people watching from the seats overlooking Ali'i Drive. They also have a foosball table.

There are newer reviews for Mahina Pizza

Reviewed 14 April 2017

We were told about Mahina Pizza by a local and it was a fabulous find. As well as serving delicious pizza you can also bring your own wine and beer which is very rare in Hawaii. Service was great and the price is right.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

I couldn't agree more with all the reviews on this place. Having read them before we went, we at least knew what we were in for. It was so difficult to find. Make sure you stay out on the street side until you see the second floor. We were the only people there and it took a good 45 mins to get our food. We just laughed because everything others said was absolutely true. The food was so delicious. We were not in a hurry so it worked out just fine.

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

I stopped by for dinner specifically for the Hibachi pizza. It is a BBQ chicken pizza which I order anytime a restaurant has it on the menu. Let say me it was on point. The pizza was served piping hot and tasted just right. Don't think it could be improved. However, I waited about 30 minutes or more after ordering it and I was the only customer. My can Sosa went from cold to slightly cool waiting. It may be better to prefer ahead of showing up. I looked in at lunch and there no customers. This seems odd for a place with good. Another thing I noticed was a lady brought a dog out from the same door they through to bring out the food. Looking through the door you don't see the kitchen, so there may living quarters back somewhere back there. But no one likes to see as animal where there food is being served.

Reviewed 3 November 2016

Mahina's is bar none the best pizza in Kona. We're from New York and it's so hard to find good pizza in Hawaii. We've lived in Kona now for 15 years but only found Mahina's about 2 years ago. We've been coming once a week ever since. We always ask for the Thin Crust (you have to special order it) since that tastes the most like New York style pizza. We love the people that work there and the laid-back vibe. And we love that you can bring your own wine or beer--that helps to keep the cost down (and it's very reasonably priced anyway for Kona). It's definitely our favorite place to eat out in Kona for a regular meal, although Sushi Shiono is our favorite upscale restaurant and Original Thai is our favorite mid-range place.

1  Thank BobCapelliKona