“Love the pastries and coffee by the water”
Review of Island Lava Java

Island Lava Java
Reserve with OpenTable
Island Lava Java is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 288 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Palani
Transit: Public bus stop 300 yards away.
Description: Great Kona Restaurant specializing in fresh, local, organic and sustainable food with 100% Kona Coffee and our own Bakery on site. Serving breakfast, lunch, dinner & Sunday brunch, we are committed to using the highest quality locally produced ingredients. We proudly feature grass fed Big Island Beef, Big Island organic goat cheese and locally grown organic produce, freshly baked house made breads, desserts & goodies. Island Lava Java, Bistro Grill is Kona's #1 Coffee House and Restaurant. We were voted to have the "Best Breakfast in Kona" by the readers of the West Hawaii Today. Island Lava Java Bistro & Grill's Island fare is inspired by everyday island cooking. You'll feel relaxed while savoring a great meal in our casual and comfortable outside, Oceanside lanai. Experience our inventive cuisine, attentive service, and a friendly atmosphere; come see what makes us one of the most popular restaurants and coffee houses in town. We look forward to meeting you!
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“Love the pastries and coffee by the water”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I have gone there a few times. The food options are not for everyone, so check out the menu before you wait for a table. Personally I enjoy getting a cup of coffee and pastry (excellent and big with a good variety) then sitting across the street watching the water. They are usually pretty busy so it's not a good place to go with a group when you are in a hurry, but if you are not, enjoy!

American Canyon, California
“Great location and great food”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We tried this restaurant for breakfast and it was wonderful. I made a reservation the night before through Opentable.com which turned out to be a good idea because it was PACKED. We were still able to get a table closest to the ocean. The waitresses were very, very busy. The service was acceptable, but the food was really fantastic. I had the eggs benedict and it was YUMMY! Really delicious; I highly recommend this dish and this restaurant if you are in Kailua Kona.

North Scituate, Rhode Island
“Awesome”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

This all started the night we first arrived on the island. We were walking around the main strip and we met some people next to this Lava Java restaurant. One of them just happen to be the breakfast cook for this place. He wasnt working, just hanging out. His name was Dave. After talking for awhile he asked us if we ever tried "Pokie". We didnt know what that was..he said it was raw Ahi. Something we dont eat. Dave, and the other people there insisted we should try this. So he went into the restaurant and made us up a place of this freshly caught that day Ahi. I tried to keep a open mind on this and tried some. Well..one of the best things I've ever had, thanks Dave. We went back there the next morning for breakfast, it was awesome. By the way...best coffee I've ever had.

Hinton, Canada
“breakfast”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

the wife had banana oatmeal and loved it,I had bacon and eggs and they even made my eggs the way i like them
service was good even tho they were very busy

Visited March 2012
1 Thank ALLENT7V
Oklahoma
“Reliable food, delicious coffee”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I found the reviews and high rating to be overdone. The food was pretty good, not bad at all, but not exceptional. The coffee my wife ordered was great. The smoothies were normal. The prices also weren't great, but normal for Kona. The view is good, but the traffic sound is tremendously annoying.

I'd recommend this as a good place to eat, but wouldn't go out of my way for it.

There's free wifi if you ask for the code.

Visited March 2012