“Don't Miss This!”
Review of Island Lava Java

Island Lava Java
Reserve with OpenTable
Island Lava Java is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 288 Restaurants in Kailua-Kona
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Palani
Transit: Public bus stop 300 yards away.
Description: Great Kona Restaurant specializing in fresh, local, organic and sustainable food with 100% Kona Coffee and our own Bakery on site. Serving breakfast, lunch, dinner & Sunday brunch, we are committed to using the highest quality locally produced ingredients. We proudly feature grass fed Big Island Beef, Big Island organic goat cheese and locally grown organic produce, freshly baked house made breads, desserts & goodies. Island Lava Java, Bistro Grill is Kona's #1 Coffee House and Restaurant. We were voted to have the "Best Breakfast in Kona" by the readers of the West Hawaii Today. Island Lava Java Bistro & Grill's Island fare is inspired by everyday island cooking. You'll feel relaxed while savoring a great meal in our casual and comfortable outside, Oceanside lanai. Experience our inventive cuisine, attentive service, and a friendly atmosphere; come see what makes us one of the most popular restaurants and coffee houses in town. We look forward to meeting you!
Waterton Lakes National Park, Canada
“Don't Miss This!”
Reviewed 24 November 2012

This is a great place along Ali'i Drive to sit, grab a bite to eat, enjoy the scenery and listen to live music! The sandwiches and salads are very tasty and the fruit smoothies are huge in size and flavor! The service was fast and friendly.

• Visited October 2012

• Indonesian first
Glendale, CA
“Good food, nice view”
Reviewed 23 November 2012

We had Thanksgiving day breakfast here. Good coffee, and good food. Fresh grilled fish was excellent, eggs and potatoes above average. I liked the applewood bacon, but my wife and kids found it too sweet.... I'll be back.

Whitehorse, Canada
“Unbeatable view, great people watching spot.”
Reviewed 23 November 2012 via mobile

Hung out at Lava Java a few times during my month-long stay in Kona. The atmosphere can be quiet in the early morning but quickly turns into a busy and bustling place.
I had the ahi, poke style, in a wrap. The food was good quality but lacked a bit of flavour. I was hungry and it was filling and silid food.
I also had a smoothie. This I would say was mediocre and watery. More fruits, less ice please.
Wait staff was good but it took time to get their attention - whether it was busy or not.
Overall, fantastic location, with stunning view and a great spot to relax and people watch.

Seattle, Washington
“A must go in Kona!!”
Reviewed 22 November 2012 via mobile

One of the best dinner experiences!! Im not usually one to give all five stars unless the place was really killer, but Lava Java on kona deserves it! We were in Kona for Thanksgiving. So insted of going to a big buffet we decided to give the coffee house, which we have been going to all week,a try and was not disappointed! The scallops and rizoto were my favorite! All week we have been going for coffee and brunch and it was great, but the dinner really put it over the top. In fact one of the best meals on the big island! The chef did an amazing job, service was great as always!

South Bend, WA
“Modest place”
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Had dinner there at 5:30. SUNSET BURGER and salad for me, GRILLED PRIME RIB SANDWICH and salad for my wife. Both good. Just had water. Total cost w/ tax $22.82. I paid with CC and left a $5 tip, but oddly they must be math challenged because CC charge ended up as $28.42. Not a big deal, but odd. I think one other customer there when we were there.

• Visited November 2012