“Authentic Thai food in Kona”

Laddawan's Phuket Monkey Thai Cuisine
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed February 19, 2017

The menu is authentic southern Thai and tastes like what I had in Thailand. I ordered my food spicy level 3 of 4 and got what I wanted, no watered down barely spicy bland food. I was so happy with this Thai place that I ate there 2 times in 6 days. Portions were generous and lots to be taken home. I really liked the Tom Kha soup, Green Curry with Chicken, Lemongrass fried rice,and also tried for the 1st time Mango Curry, and Pineapple Curry. I can recommend all of these for a change of pace. If on the Big Island go here for your Thai fix. Yum

Reviewed February 15, 2017 via mobile

Great Thai food and friendly service. Bring your own beer and wine. Price is very reasonable. Highly recommend this place.

Reviewed January 22, 2017

We have tried many of the Thai places on the island. Laddawan's restaurant clearly has the best red curry on the island. We have had lunch and dinner here during our Big Island visits.over the past years and have never been dissapointed.. We have had great Thai meals in Thailand and elsewhere and this restaurant remains at the top of our favorites list.
Laddawan's Phuket Monkey is in a small shopping center next to a great wine shop. Don't expect to find an overpriced tourist destination. Expect to find Bee (one of the friendly owners} cooking and serving fresh authentic Thai dishes. The gal who served us a few days ago was absolutely delightful, as well.
We will eat here again before we return to the mainland.

Reviewed December 7, 2016 via mobile

I looked for a good Thai place in Kona, and this one was come the best food in town.
I was not very impressed, the place was empty and was kind of slow for the food come, the food is average, not that place you eat and say oah! It is so good.....
The quantities are above average but also the price was above average, Pad Thai $16.00 is a little bit up!
The staff was neutral not very friendly.

Reviewed November 10, 2016

We thought this place slipped a little since our last trip mainly because of the absence of the owners, Andy and Bee. The food was good, but lacked that zip that characterized it earlier, and the wait staff assumed that I- as a pale face-would be spice averse. I had to send my second dish back for a little livening up.

Still this is the best Thai in Kona, and deservedly so.