All reviews japanese tea house coqui frogs tropical paradise watching the birds each morning enjoyed our stay stay there again stayed here mattress dave lanai guests hawaii
Reviewed March 28, 2018

My husband and I were touring Hawaii as part of a 35th anniversary celebration. We stayed in the Japanese tea room for two nights. It was an exquisite gem of a room and very comfortable! The new owners (of only eight months) have worked very hard at remodeling the B & B and they have succeeded beautifully. Miriam and Dave are very welcoming hosts who made us feel at home immediately. The room was very clean and well appointed. The mattress was great and breakfast was very good. We loved the garden setting and watching the birds at the feeder in the morning. My husband even had a chance to practice piano. We would stay there again and look forward to further improvements.

Room Tip: The tea room is perfect for a couple. The Banyan House is best for a family.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Dave and Miriam C, Owner at Hale Maluhia Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Thank you so much!

Reviewed March 25, 2018

I had the pleasure and privilege of staying At Hale Maluhia for 2 nights at short notice.
Dave and Miriam reflect the true spirit of Welcoming Hospitality and were both amazingly kind and friendly engaging and sharing with all their guests.

I would never hesitate to recommend their B&B to anyone, anywhere, anytime.

Thank You Dave and Miriam - I was Blessed so greatly in a short time spent under your Beautiful Home's roof
Until next time ......

Greg vW

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Aloha Greg,
Sorry for the late response. We really treasured our time with you. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed March 19, 2018

Stayed here for two nights. Group of 3 sharing the Jasmine Room. I've never stayed at a place where the owners/receptionists/hosts were so welcoming. I was so surprised that we had 3 individually folded towels with a chocolate macadamia nut placed on each; one for each of us. I've stayed at places that put a mint on the bed, but that's just one mint per bed, not per person.
I checked our group in by myself late afternoon and met Miriam. The next morning during breakfast she welcomed me in with a big hug, remembered my name, and was excited to meet the rest of the group.
Our room was private. I actually had no idea that the inn was full until we showed up to breakfast on our last day.
Details are thought of here. It's a peaceful place away from the more touristy hotels. You feel like part of the family, like a close friend or relative visiting. The breakfast is perfect and the juices are amazing. I'd like to come back and stay in some of the other rooms.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank DominicP469

Aloha Dominic,
Thanks for the great review!

Reviewed March 9, 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful three days staying in Hale Maluhia Country Inn! What an authentic Japanese Tea House we stayed in. It was beautifully decorated and the bed was very comfortable! We enjoyed our breakfasts and times of visiting on the lanai with other guests. Dave and Miriam are warm innkeepers and have a wonderful story of how they got this Inn. Mahalo and hope to return sometime soon.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Aloha Sharon,
Yes, we hope to see you again someday.

Reviewed February 25, 2018

My wife and I came to Hawaii to explore the islands and we didn’t want to leave Hale Maluhia after our 3 nights because it was such a great experience. Dave and Miriam have an incredible story of how they came to own this property. It’s clear that God wanted them to host travelers and make them feel welcomed as part of the family. The home-made breakfast every morning was incredible! Fresh fruit, fresh bread made daily, an omelet station, a waffle maker, coffee, tea... it was the best breakfast we had the entire trip! It was also a great time to connect with the owners and the other guests. We stayed in the Japanese Tea Room and it was awesome. Very romantic and unique. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone, and we hope to come back. Their little piece of paradise in Kona is truly special..

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scott S
Dave and Miriam C, Owner at Hale Maluhia Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2018

Aloha Scott!!!
Dave & I did not want to see you and your beautiful wife go!!! We treasure you both dearly in our hearts, and look forward to having you back in the near future.