All reviews clean rooms pool area is great hotel balcony croatia sea
Reviewed August 14, 2017

My overall experience at this hotel was great - I had a couple of days here after an island holiday, and spent them relaxing by the pool. The hotel is well situated, close to the beach (which was crowded by day but fun by night) and just outside the town centre but easily close enough to walk in. The pool area is good, with plenty of loungers and large enough for the number of people using it. Most of the staff I encountered were lovely, very helpful and friendly. Unfortunately there's one woman on reception who is surly and verging on rude, which gives a bad impression. The bedrooms are nice and of a good size. One thing that puzzled me was that the bathrooms have had serious money spent on them, but the hotel scrimps on towels which are small and poor quality which rather spoils the experience. Similarly, beds are comfortable, but the sheets are too small to tuck in which results in a disturbed night's sleep. The breakfasts are good with lots of choices both hot and cold. Overall, I enjoyed my time here, but the hotel could be really terrific if it could sort out the minor issues.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank JillyFlower535
Reviewed August 9, 2017

This place is absolutely disgraceful. Just a few reasons:

- being allocated a room that was half the size of what I paid for, which I found out on arrival
- stained curtains and pretty bad smell
- not being notified until arrival of a major problem with some rooms that meant some people in my travelling party couldn't sleep there
- being offered an "alternative" for the rooms the party couldn't enter - adult men being offered to share beds (after we paid for individual double rooms)
- being told by the Director that the funds had immediately been refunded into our account as that's policy for unsatisfied customers
- finding out a few days later that the above wasn't true
- Director backtracking and refusing to refund anything (we paid for everything in advance), stating that it's our problem for not accepting the alternative
- an associate being harassed into paying for his room upon check-out, even though the room had been paid for in full (mistake on their system)
- making it difficult for said associate to get reimbursed due to "some difficulties with the bank system"
- unprofessional staff (especially the Director Lukućen)

....I could go on.

Basically, don't go there.

Room tip: Don't go here...
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Tamara I
Reviewed May 22, 2017

We were on a road trip of Croatia and Vodice served a logical and convenient overnight. Using an app I contacted the hotel directly from the road and asked for a double room with handicapped accessibility. We got to the hotel about 45 minutes later and the kind lady at the Front Desk was waiting for us (about 8pm). I noted the pool was not filled, which was surprising as most other hotels we stayed in Croatia had their summer pools ready. Parking good, not in the street, but under roof in the back of establishment. Felt safe. We get to the room and we have a single (one twin bed) handicapped accessible room. On my way down to the see the Front Desk there is a double room opened and I peeked in and see it is perfect for us. I go back to the Front Desk and the lady tells me the room should be fine for both of us. I told her no chance and that we asked for a double room. After some digging in the computer she proceeds to switched our room. The room was comfortable, clean, beautiful balcony. Breakfast was plenty and varied. Wi-Fi worked very well in the rooms. It should be noted that there is construction going on next door; a monstruosity hotel being build to look like a ship. The Miramar looks like a classy mansion and I would rather stay at the Miramare any day. The owner was present often, walking around and interacting with guests; sort of gave it a classic, old world type of customer service feeling. Very nice. Overall, great stay.

Room tip: Second floor and up front have great balconies and view with not a lot of noise.
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2016 via mobile

Positive: rooms satisfactory, clean with adequate bathroom.
Close to beach and has a swimming pool.
Negative: rude staff! Checked in and asked for a map to find out where we were. The reply was "go to the tourist office"
Asked where the town was - she waved her hands in the air and said "over there" 4 star hotel and you have to handle your own luggage up steps from back car park. No signs for where to check in or park and how to get in through the boom gates which is shared with another hotel. Handed keys to room off you go!
Following day stood at reception for ten minutes being ignored and finally got to ask for beach towels - that was a big effort, felt like we were putting them out and inconveniencing them.
Breakfast stick with the muesli and bread everything is floating in oil or stodgy eggs.
Wouldn't go back, overpriced.... Drop a star!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2016

If you are looking for a small well appointed hotel this may fit the bill.After a poor start,arriving late after getting lost in hire car we were shown a room which I would not accept,but Ana with the lovely smile,on reception,sorted it out and we had a lovely room looking out to sea,everything clean ,tidy and well maintained.The pool area is good with plenty of shaded loungers.We stayed on half board and although the menu was limited it was adequate and very good value.

Room tip: Try to avoid rooms on corners,sea or garden views both fine.
Date of stay: June 2016