See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 29, 2015

As a couple we enjoyed the yurt as a luxurious place to live for 9 nights. And the host, George was perfect. Fun, friendly, generous - am almost afraid to put down all he did for us because he can't possibly do all this all the time.

We had a ridiculously string storm - the cruise ship trying to enter the bay sat in the wind for 5 extra hours before finally making it in, the yurt held strong and didn't flinch. We BBQ'd every day and the location is perfect.

Date of stay: August 2015
2  Thank matthewra
Reviewed July 12, 2015

We stayed two nights in George's yurt. It's fantastic. George is a wonderful host. The view from the deck was spectacular although it rained consistently during our time in Seward. George had excellent restaurant recommendations, although if you're planning on staying longer you won't need them because there is a kitchen with refrigerator and sink, and a grill on the deck! The ravens were bullying the lone eagle that came to visit, and unfortunately we didn't see any whales in the bay during our time. The only downside was the long, poorly maintained gravel road to get from town to the yurt, which didn't agree with our tiny little rental car.

Date of stay: June 2015
Reviewed May 31, 2015 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in George's beautiful Yurt for 2 nights and absolutely loved our stay. The Yurt is cozy yet roomy, making it an ideal stay for couples and families. The deck in front of the yurt offers spectacular views of Resurrection bay and the wildlife in it. In addition to a great place, George was really great to work and chat with, and he even helped us get the fire pit going one night. If you're wanting to stay close to Seward with a killer view then George's yurt is as good as it's gonna get!

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2015

What a perfect setting! The yurt is directly on the bay with outstanding views! It is a very peaceful place. We were only able to spend two nights there due to our schedule...but would DEFINITELY stay here again! The yurt was open and airy, well equipped, very clean and comfortable. You may want to bring eye masks....due to the wonderful skylight!

Date of stay: May 2014
Reviewed September 11, 2014

George Walker's yurt was one of my favorite places to stay in Alaska. I was only able to reserve 2 nights because the rest of the dates were already booked. I spent almost an entire day sitting on the beach, in one of the comfy chairs, looking at the view and listening to an audiobook. What bliss! The yurt itself was so much fun. It was an adventure to stay there.

George was a great host. To my surprise, when I came back in to take a bathroom break, my breakfast dishes had been washed. George washed the dishes and changed the towels.

Since I couldn't stay longer at the yurt, I checked out some of the other places on trip advisor that were ranked higher than the yurt. I was shocked at both of the places I visited. They had availability but these were not places I would consider staying. Both of them appeared depressing to me.

I loved the yurt's location. It was quiet and peaceful. I love solitutde and was able to get that at the yurt.

Next time, I may plan my Alaska trip around the availability at the yurt.

Date of stay: August 2014