See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 1, 2015 via mobile

We made a last-minute decision to go out on a fishing charter. Every hotel/motel was either sold out or what was left was incredibly expensive ($300+). We were fortunate to find a cabin available at the Salmon Bake Cabins.

We stayed in cabin three and found the room to be very clean and comfortable. The room has one queen bed and a bunkbed with twin mattresses. We actually found the twin mattress on the lower bunk to be more comfortable than the queen mattress. The queen was a little soft for my liking so I slept on the twin and my husband slept in the middle of the queen as that was the firmest spot on the bed.

The room has a microwave and a small refrigerator. It is a very old TV that has a built-in VCR in it, but cable was available, which was nice.

The room has a wall heater and it did an adequate job of keeping the chill out of the room. The bathroom was sufficient and actually had really good water pressure in the shower. The only complaint there was the showerhead was pretty low, but it really wasn't that big of a deal.

This was our first time staying at these cabins as we typically stay in town. My husband and I both agreed that we would probably be back as this was a really good rate and it was very clean and comfortable.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2015

The price is right. The cabin was quiet and comfortable for sleeping and bathing. You have access to the main lodge if you need Internet access. The main lodge has comfortable seating if you want to read or have to get some email done. The cabin it self has a lot packed in a small space. Not much of it is very functional other than the bed and the fridge. We made lots of jokes about the decor. The structure itself seemed cobbled together from what ever the builder could get their hands on. Even the bunk bed appeared to be constructed from landscape timber and particle board. Keep in mind I rated this place Very Good. There was plenty of hot water for showers. You just have to see the bathroom sink. It looks as out of place as a mini skirt in church. It is small and much too high. The staff was great. Check in was easy and very informative. From the outside the cabin looks very cute. Over all this is good value.

Room tip: There are only a few cabins.
1  Thank GeorgiaTravler
Reviewed August 23, 2015

We stayed in Cabin #3, as it was the only cabin available when we booked! It has a queen bed and a set of bunk beds. It was just my husband and I staying..so we were just going to sleep on the queen bed, but it was much too close to the side wall and to make matters more difficult, there was a very long cable that was wired through the baseboard, but instead of being secured to the baseboard, it was loose. AND it had been coiled in sch a manner that I feared that I might trip in the middle of the night. So I slept on the lower bunk. This might be a problem if 4 people need to stay in the cabin! The check in clerk allowed us to check in a little early, which was extremely kind of her.
The cabin is a little dated, but clean! No complaints otherwise! We also had dinner at their restaurant...which was typical Alaskan fare....hamburgers and assorted seafood.

Room tip: No wifi access from cabin #3, you have to walk to the lodge to use!
1  Thank Heather H
Reviewed December 9, 2014

I recently stayed at Salmon Bake cabins for 2 nights. The cabin was really cute, cosy and extremely efficient, no i don't mean small. not really comfort for honeymoon.. but good experience for us.. we didn't find like this before..

Date of stay: January 2014
3  Thank Zavier A
Reviewed September 9, 2014

Great location! People working there are exceptionally helpful, warm and accommodating. Food is exceptional. Cabins are very comfortable, clean and well cared for. Reasonably priced.
After a two-night stay prior to a Fox Island Wilderness experience, we returned to stay at Salmon Bake. We highly recommend it!

This is far superior, in our opinion, to the more expensive options in the area.

Room tip: We also stayed one night in Exit Glacier Lodge, which is part of Salmon Bake. It was also excellent - you cannot go wrong staying in any of the rooms.
Date of stay: August 2014