US$205
US$169
Hotel Seward(Seward)(Great Value!)
US$139
Sea Treasures Inn(Seward)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$284
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Nauti Otter(Seward)(Great Value!)
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 3, 2009

We made other arrangements as soon as we saw the condition of our suite.

The wood door and the door frame were split. This made it hard to open the door and lock the suite! Only one burner on the gas range worked properly. The steam heat registers were in poor condition. We tried to turn the "thermostat" (dial with no indicators) on but the room did not warm up during our two hour stay. A home-made "headboard" fell off the wall and onto the bed when it was bumped. It was made of heavy plywood and was barely secured to the wall with light weight picture hooks. When we contacted the proprietor, she would not give us a full refund, referring to her cancellation policy. We felt that a full refund was justified since the accomodations were completely unsatisfactory, unsafe and unsecured. We are still in dispute with her.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EliseCanada
Reviewed July 5, 2009

My husband & I stayed at the Marathon View with great trepidation -- it was the only hotel room we could get for the 4th of July weekend in Seward. Thankfully, we found a very friendly young couple now running the place (for only the last couple of weeks, we found out). Our room was clean, with fresh paint, new fixtures and appliances, and new flooring. This is an older hotel, and the room we had was small, and only had a view of an alley. But the price reflects this. The front rooms had a better view, and also cost a bit more. Of course, we didn't come to Seward to sit in the hotel room, but to enjoy a fun weekend outdoors. Please don't let the previous management dissuade you. Oh, and although I noted that the service was only average, that's only b/c this isn't a hotel which has much service involved -- other than checking in -- it's a very small place.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2008

What an incredible disappointment. Where do I begin? The moldy smell, the unwashed sheets that we feared were bedbug infested, the taped towel "curtain", the scary soiled carpet, the bathtub with disturbing brown spots, the "Marathon" view of a dumpster (complete with being woken up by the garbage truck in the morning)? How about the fact that this garage-turned-into-"condo" gem cost us $150/night?! Wish I saw these reviews and had the sense to stay away. This made a Motel 6 look five star. So scary that we didn't even dare set foot in the shower.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ersatz
Reviewed September 5, 2008

Marathon View is conveniently located within walking distance of major Seward attractions. It had a working kitchen with a full size refrigerator and a reasonable assortment of utensils. It was also available when I needed a room on short notice, but this place was still no bargain. The furniture and floor coverings in the living room and kitchen were old and soiled, and a musty odor permeated the whole apartment . The cheap metal kitchen cabinets were rusty, bathroom corners and shower stall moldy. Overall, it was due for a complete remodel job many years ago.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
5  Thank Traveler_from_Alaska
Reviewed August 24, 2008

We have just returned from a cruise from Anchorage to Vancouver. We decided to stay in Seward for a night before boarding our ship, and chose the Marathon View Hotel because of its "reasonable" price for a "vacation condo". The Holiday Inn and Best Western were more expensive.. However, this price was hardly reasonable considering the condition of the "condo". Granted, our room had a large kitchen and living room, but the bedroom was small and the bathroom tinier than the one in our ship's cabin. There were no towel racks to hang towels, either. However, what made our experience worse was our discovery that the front door, which opened directly to the outside, wouldn't close properly and, therefore, would not lock. We had just checked in, and were going to head out for a meal when we discovered the problem, which unfortunately was just after the receptionist had left for the day (about 6:00 PM). To make matters worse, there were no phones in the room and no pay phone handy. I went running to the Seward Bus Station, where I attempted to make calls to their emergency numbers, but these proved to be long distance. I was nearly frantic, leaving my husband to try and fix the door, so the woman at the desk and a friend of hers ran back with me to the Hotel, whereby he and my husband laboured for about an hour with another resident's tools and managed to get the door to close. The next morning as we checked out, I gave a written statement to the receptionist, who was apologetic, but no official word has come from the owners. My main concern, aside from the cost and the fee we gave to the two who heloed us, is that there is no phone in the rooms, and no pay phone around. What if there had been a worse situation? We don't all carry cell phones. I wish I had read the previous reviews before I booked this accommodation. No way would I ever stay there again or recommend it to someone else.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank BirdloverVancouver