All reviews stuffed animals sealife center historic section new wing alaskan animals fishing guide charming hotel an older hotel halibut cheeks shared bathroom in town small town twin beds view room hotel lobby private bath alaska sea life center
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Hotel Seward is a lovely spot to stay in the heart of Seward. They offer both modern wing and a historic wing. The shared bath concept in the historic wing is not as bad as you would think, kind of like reliving your college days. Lovely hotel decorated in classic Alaskan style with lots of cool taxidermy. Staff is excellent.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Julie S
Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in the historic section. Absolutely loved everything about it. It was like going home! To that old small town we were all meant to live in.

Totally enjoyed the restaurant with a great breakfast. Loved the sitting areas. The whole experience was perfect.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

My wife & I stayed 2 nights at this family owned & operated historic establishment. Josh, the day manager, was friendly & assisted us in selecting our local dining options. The room was cozy without being cramped. The T.V. reception was poor but we were too lazy to inquire as to what, if anything, could’ve been done to improve it(we should’ve been outside enjoying the spectacular fall weather not watching postseason baseball!). The hotel is centrally situated which is true of every place in this small but historically significant small town. My wife informed me of the high season rates upon our return to Anchorage. We paid $69 per night in the off-season(five times cheaper than high season). We received an unsolicited upgrade-thank you Josh. Upon checking out I brought up one maintenance matter detected in our room & Michael,after apologizing profusely, immediately wrote up a work order to address the issue. We enjoyed our stay & the friendly staff( & the steep savings we encountered in the off-season).

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for one night in late September. We got a corner room with a king bed in the historic wing ($89+tax), second floor. Most of the rooms in the historic wing have a shared bathroom in the hallway, but each room has a sink. The bed was too soft for me, but other than that, our stay was good. There’s a small coffee maker in the room, with coffee and hot water available in the lobby. The hotel is decorated with a lot of stuffed animals and old historic Alaska photos. We didn’t try the attached bar/ restaurant that offers breakfast. The room was clean and the location is very close to most attractions in Seward. I’d stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2018

The staff went the extra mile to be personable and some did extra little things to make our staff comfortable, like bringing us cream for our coffee and extra coffee. Our heating wasn't working and she called maintenance right in to address our concerns. We also had an issue with the shuttle and the front desk helped us to get to the right person,

Date of stay: September 2018