All reviews intended stay clean sheets front desk manager nothing fancy reasonable rates fishing trip short walk train station location is great nice room cruise downtown kitchenette docks unit boat
Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

I got a room through hotel.com superior with kitchenette. I was placed in some sort of duplex with a basic lock. No pictures on the wall. No kitchenette. I didn’t arrive until 5pm. The room was not ready. I was finally moved to a basic room.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
railwaycantina, Manager at Marina Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2018

Sorry for the confusion but you where not booked with a kitchenette. Please take the issue up with your booking agency. We do apologize for your room not being ready.

Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

This motel is one of the best motels I've ever been to. If I ever decide to come visit Seward Alaska again this is where I'm going to stay. The employees are nice and amazing. Me and my family love it here and it's all around amazing and beautiful. The surrounding is nice and I couldn't get enough. Definitely coming back.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Jordan K

Thank You for the positive feedback. We really appreciate it.

Reviewed February 20, 2018

The room was musty smelling and we had to request a heater in the room since the heat stopped working about the time we went to bed. The room was very small and packed and worst of all we discovered it had bed bugs the next morning when we went to get something off of the nightstand!!! We were able to take out dog with us and at first thought they were fleas ... but turned out they were bed bugs!!

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank turtlesnharleys
Reviewed January 18, 2018

I almost always write 5 star reviews because I am not hard to please. Every other inn or place we stayed in Alaska I assigned 5 stars. Mostly I want a hot shower and clean bed because I'm out and about. I do NOT recommend this place. It was very sparse, dark and dreary. It was somewhat clean but not comfortable. Bed linens were cheap; pillows were very thin. Supposedly it was smoke free but I think they change the sign on the door based on what you reserve because a smokey smell lingered. Toilet stopped flushing and we called office. Person was not friendly although did resolve. We just kept thinking there was something odd going on here but of course have nothing specific. An employee or family member ??? hung outside of office smoking and a few scary looking characters showed up. Although the location was convenient for accessing services (10 minute walk) and there was ample parking, I would NOT stay here again. I was surprised that they actually earned higher than 3 stars. If you do stay here, be careful!

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank 1beachgirlgram
Reviewed October 6, 2017

We had booked rooms in Murphy's Alaskan Inn some 7 to 8 months before our intended stay. Less than two weeks before leaving home we were advised by email that Murphy's was closing down early for the season and we could either have a full refund or be transferred to their "sister" motel, the Marina.We were advised that the hotel was just across the road from the railway station and as we were arriving by rail it seemed an ideal choice.
So we opted for the Marina as it was getting very late to find alternative rooms and were somewhat disappointed on arrival in Seward that the motel was indeed just across the road from the railway station, it was the 4 lane Seward Highway which separated the motel from the station and there were no obvious crossings for pedestrians. On arrival we asked for the vouchers for breakfast but were told that the breakfast eatery had closed down for the season.
The motel is old and needs a lot of money spent on it and everything appeared well used. To be fair we were told by the lady on reception that new management had taken over the Motel a week previous and they had found a lot of unexpected things to be wrong. As our rooms were "ready" we were allowed in early, definitely a plus for the new management, and first impressions were that whilst it was not ideal it would do for the 1 night we required. As soon as we touched light diffusers above the beds and other horizontal surfaces our fingers disturbed layers of dirt and dust and it was obvious that the room had not been cleaned thoroughly for a long time. This was reported to reception and as there was no one else available the receptionist came herself and damp dusted our room and the adjacent room of our travelling companions.
Initially the televisions would only display 1 channel, so another visit to reception later in the day produced a pleasant young man with a bag of remote control units and he eventually managed to match a unit with our TV set. The free Wi-Fi was very slow but with patience we could get on line.
Normally I would give this sort of motel 2 stars at most, but I have given 3 as it was under new management and the responses to our problems was quick and efficient

Date of stay: September 2017