I think Villa Blance came at just the right time in our 2 week vacation. We had been the Arenal Volcano area and did so many activities we needed some rest and relaxation to refuel for the next trip to the Manuel Antonio beach area. We loved the casita. We had the Honeymoon Casita and the quiet surroundings were much needed. We had a problem with our tub which was fixed promptly and I appreciated the the efforts of all the staff. We stayed 3 nights which was enough to enjoy the beautiful grounds, hike around the property, go on the horseback riding trip (FANTASTIC) and the night walk. My husband even went down to the milking farm to milk the cows. We did go to the spa and get a massage and that was great as well. I was glad we went to spend a few days there before going down to the busy tourist area of Manuel Antonio beaches and I wouldn't have know about it if it hadn't been recommended since we were there during busy Easter weekend and they thought that Mounteverde would be too crowded. My husbands' favorite part was the small fireplace that we used each night and the horseback riding up the hills. The drive is not that bad if you take it slowly. After the restful days there we were ready to be on the move again. I would think 2 or 3 days are enough to see and do everything. The town is too far away to drive so plan on enjoying the property. They have some great packages on their website. We found the entire staff helpful and they were great at giving us directions to our next hotel. Thanks Villa Blanca!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just over an hour's drive from San Jose International Costa Rica airport (SJO), eco-minded travelers from all over the world have reveled in the beauty of Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel, located within the Los Angeles Private Biological Nature Reserve & Research Station in the Canton of San Ramon. The hotel is ideally situated as a gateway to Arenal Volcano and the famous Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve. Here, you're immersed in one of the world's most precious and complex jungle ecosystems - the cloud forest. This boutique mountain hotel is nestled on 75-acres of gentle rolling hills, with well-appointed "casitas" and Honeymoon Suites, each with their own fireplace, and surrounded by acres of lush botanical gardens. Originally owned by former president Rodrigo Carazo Odio and First Lady, Estrella Zeledon de Carazo, Villa Blanca has become a renown and cherished Costa Rica destination. The architecture reflects the original farm village concept, with a welcoming Hacienda, offering guests exceptional Costa Rican hospitality, premier dining, a private theater, conference facilities, and pampering spa menu. Also quite unique is a replica of a 14th century Roman wedding chapel, La Mariana, with its hand painted ceramic ceiling. Choose from a variety of nature-based activities, including horseback, zip-lines, and user-friendly guided trials, plus excursions to Arenal and Poas volcanoes, hot springs, and rural-cultural tours. This is the Costa Rica where those who "travel well and travel right" want to go. Please feel free to visit our sister-site, one of the most prestigious Manuel Antonio hotels, Si Como No. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel and Nature Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Blanca Cloud Forest
- Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel And Nature Reserve Costa Rica/San Ramon