“Too bad it's gone - gotta go to Tambor”
Review of Finca AgroDolce

Finca AgroDolce
Ranked #24 of 75 Restaurants in San Ramon
Price range: US$6 - US$36
Description: Sicilian cuisine with a twist!!! The AgroDolce dining experience is founded on centuries of irresistible Sicilian cuisine. Recipes & cooking styles have been passed down through the generations, making their way from the Old World to the New while masterfully utilizing the six (6) core tastes of sweet, sour, salty, pungent, bitter & astringent to conduct an orchestra of flavor on the pallet.
Reviewed March 4, 2018

Never went here but heard it was amazing. I do know the owners and unfortuantely they moved to Tambor. If they open up another restaurant - our loss, Tambor's gain. Food was exceptional and owners are even better.

Reviewed July 16, 2016

Loved this place! We went for lunch - had a delicious pizza (suprema) and a salad - probably the best I have had in Costa Rica. They also have local artisan beers and pasta.

Reviewed March 25, 2016

During our 50 days in Costa Rica, eating most meals out in various parts of the country, this was the best meal my wife and I had and we had many great dining experiences in Costa Rica, and it was the best Italian food we have ever had anywhere.. For appetizer, we picked the simplest offering, which was boxty, an Irish potato pancake served with smoked trout, sour cream and chives (it was just after St. patty's day). It was so good, I could have made a meal out of more of this dish. For our first course, I had chicken and porcini mushroom stuffed tortellini tossed with sausage & cherry tomatoes in a light garlic and cream sauce and Susie had potato leak ravioli with lamb ragu. Both were very tasty and left us looking forward to our second course. Susie had the corvine (sea bass) poached in a white wine butter with lemon and caper broth and I had the chicken saltimbocca which was organic chicken breast pounded thin, rolled with prosciutto and sage leaves, lightly battered and sautéed with white wine and olive oil. Both were absolutely delicious and left us totally stuffed but because everything tasted so good, we kept going and I had whiskey banana served with vanilla ice cream and Susie had chocolate ravioli stuffed with bittersweet chocolate sautéed until crispy and served with a dusting of powdered sugar. We would return just for the desserts. I will not tell you how inexpensive/reasonable the price was because my friends in Pennsylvania would not talk to me anymore as they are tired of me bragging how great it is in Costa Rica. The atmosphere was casual and intimate and the service was spectacular. I wish we had of come earlier as we could have eaten outside while enjoying the view of the bay. Next time, we will.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank ron777777
Reviewed March 22, 2016

Upon recommendation from landlord, we ate dinner at Finca AgroDolce. It was one of the best meals my husband and I have had in a long time. We ate a five course meal over the course of several hours. We never eat that much or spend that much time at a restaurant. It was very relaxed and extremely enjoyable. All the of the courses were fresh and delicious! Compliments to Frank and Ana. We will definitely eat there again should we find ourselves in the San Ramon area!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
2  Thank susiehbg
Reviewed March 18, 2016

I can’t rave enough about this wonderful in home restaurant in San Ramon…..
And I can’t believe it is only rated #5……nothing else in this area even comes
close. I have spent 7 winters here and tried all the restaurants many times...

The concept may seem odd to some but we are accustomed to this …..spending
part of our year near Collingwood, Ontario where the world renowned chef Michael Statdlander
of Eigensinn Farm began serving his celebrated dinners in his Victorian farmhouse
dining room almost 20 years ago.

AgroDolce is of a similar idea. Local, fresh food that is very healthy.
Anna is a skilled and inventive cook with a very diverse repertoire. While Sicilian style recipes
have been passed down in Anna’s family and are dominant on the menu…there are still some
forays into other types of cuisine and very thoughtful consideration for people with gluten and
dairy issues. Anna truly cooks with love…..!

The menu varies weekly….inspired by what is most fresh and available,
Anna’s imagination and some specific holidays.

There is an appetizer course, first course, second course and dessert.

The appetizer course is varied antipasto as well as such items as braised
marrow bone, and the most divine eggplant parmesan I have every tasted.
Also, a lovely fennel salad with oranges, beets and mint with Parimsano-Reggiano

The first course focuses on pasta….homemade ravioli stuffed with roasted
pumpkin, ricotta and Parmisano-Reggiano cheese, brown butter, fried sage leaves and
roasted ground hazelnuts is melt in your mouth perfection.
Also, the ricotta ravioli with hemp seed basil pesto and Parmigiano-Reggiano
and equally as good….is a wonderful panoply of textures. She often also does soups.

For the second course, we, as well as our various dining companions have
had the perfectly prepared chicken Saltimboca, wild Salmon, Ribeye steak
and braised rabbit. All accompanied by the most fresh and imaginatively prepared
vegetables. One evening it was a slab of cauliflower roasted to perfection
with seasonings to make it seem like a decadent treat.

I am not one to usually have dessert…..and after my first courses at AgroDolce I
am pleasantly full. But the little tastes that I have had……as well as the comments
of our dining partners confirms that the desserts are up to par with the rest of the
menu.

How lucky we are to have this in San Ramon….!

1  Thank serenatoronto