“Weird Vibe”

Holiday Inn Express Atlanta-Kennesaw
Ranked #19 of 30 Hotels in Kennesaw
Reviewed 20 July 2010

I wish I had read these reviews. I usually love HIE, but this one, for lack of a better term, has a "weird vibe". I felt it from the night and day staff. They need some major costumer training intervention or let the gentlemen and lady cleaning on the 4th floor work the front desk. The problem is this is a renovated hotel, the mattresses are poor quality and very bouncy, and you walk into a very stuffy hot room upon arrival. I think I could have handled it though because they do have the HIE "goodies" if they just had some friendly outgoing people with some customer service training at the front desk taking care of you. I asked a question....just where the location of something was.......and felt I was being a nuisance. If you do stay here, make sure to stop at a rest area and pick up a coupon so you won't pay full price...it isn't worth it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank YSCLEX
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Atlanta-Kennesaw

Reviewed 30 September 2009

Stayed one night. Canceled a return reservation later in the month. Bed was like sleeping on a boat. Sink and mirror are in the bedroom area separate from the shower and toilet. In middle of my shower I forgot that my shampoo was out in the other room. Entrance to this motel, going northbound on the Interstate, is tricky. You have to do a "Uey" in heavy traffic to reach the motel entrance. Breakfast area is small, just off from check in counter. Only one restaurant in the area, and it wasn't good, unless you want to risk your life walking across the busy highway. Counter staff was okay, explaining that apparently a bed support was broken or missing.

• Stayed: September 2009
1  Thank paradise56
Reviewed 2 September 2009

Our Vacation in North Georgia didn't go as planned and we desperately needed a hotel in the Kennesaw area. We just stopped by and made enquiries. Within 2 minutes, we were sold on this one. The reception staff were just so helpful, namely Deb, Sue & Kim.
The breakfasts were excellent, (Thanks Nancy), and the facilities were excellent. The kids were occupied all day in the clean pool.
The entire hotel was serviced similar to any 5 star that I've ever stayed in around the world. The family room we had was plenty large enough, the wireless facility worked excellent, the location couldn't have been better. Infact we made so many friends in the 6 days that we were there.
I would recommend this hotel to all & sundry, but let's be honest, It's the staff that make it. They work as a well-knit team but make you a part of their family. Loved every minute of staying there. We will be back next year for sure.
Dave & Karen Greet
England

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2009

We were traveling on I-75 and needed a clean but nice, budget friendly hotel and we found it. We had a coupon for $69 but it was on a Thursday night. Our beds were comfy and had an ok breakfast in the morning. I will say they had some really good coffee...not sure what kind it was but it was really good. Maybe because it was just made...who knows but i would definately stay here again.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2009

We stayed at this Hotel on the way to Florida March 1st. We had a party of eight and took two rooms. When I was checking in another gentleman was also checking in and had a coupon he got a one of the rest areas. I asked if I could get the same price as him ($69.00 compared with $107). The UNHELPFUL staff said no, not without a coupon. They were very good at telling me all the things I couldn't get. I thought maybe they could give me a price adjustment on just one room. No. I could have got in my car and driven 30 miles back to the rest stop, but after 14 hours of driving I didn't want to do that. The next day I spoke to the Guest Service Manager Joe Moore who could have given me a price adjustment, but would not. He gave me some bogus line about if he was audited they would question why he made a rate adjustment without the coupon. Hey JOE, it's called CUSTOMER SERVICE! Please do not patronize this hotel, or if you do get a coupon first, you will save a lot of money. Maybe other people feel that $117 with tax a night is a good deal, but they don't realize they're getting ripped off.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank JoeSacamano
Reviewed 17 March 2009

The staff at this hotel is amazing., they make you feel like you are part of the family.The location to downtown Atlanta is 20 minutes. The service and the cleanliness is just as amazing as the staff. I have been coming to this area for 2 years and this is by far one of the better hotels in the area.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2008

I've stayed at this hotel twice-November 2007 and February 2008 and both stays have been very nice. This property is located just off I-75 in the northern Atlanta metro area and offers a great rate. Front desk staff is efficient, friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean and modern. Location seems safe (which can be a big concern around the interstates in Metro Atlanta) with well lit parking areas. There are several restaurants nearby and a Starbucks adjacent to the property. Breakfast is good with a decent variety for a complimentary continental.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)