Book In Advance
Tours from Ocean Raft Alaska tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Skagway
from US$236.55
from US$115.50
from US$80.85
More Info
All reviews captain ashley harbor seals lynn canal bald eagles donuts survival suits saw seals bright orange speed boat dry suit full body wildlife adventure numerous waterfalls great fun thrilling ride sea life cruise ship
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

FUN! The only word I can describe it. From the moment we had to put the orange outfit, to the high speed donuts in the ocean! And they do take many moments to pull up next to seals and Eagles. Things you will never see from the cruise ship or a railroad ride. This is a must. Trust me.

Reviewed September 5, 2017

Customer Service Is EXCELLENT. They are friendly, excited, knowledgeable and most of all know how to have a good time on the water. Our party which aged from 28-72 LOVED this experience. We even got up close and personal with sea life!

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed September 2, 2017

We did an Ocean Raft tour in Skagway. From the minute we met Tessa at the dock, we were already having a blast even without getting on the raft. The tour suits you up in a warm/dry suit, so you feel like an orange marshmallow man, but it really worked! Our Captain Jenn and mate Alyssa gave us a great ride-fun, great fast turns, and lots of beautiful sites!
This high speed raft can get up close into the sides of the glacier bay and we got to sea harbor seals and some beautiful waterfalls! Alyssa was a wealth of knowledge, and so much fun! This entire operation is first class, and even if it'd been a slow ride, the sights were so breathtaking that we loved it. The fast, wild portion of the ride made it even more exciting!
Every part of this excursion was awesome-great customer service, great staff, and so many wonderfully beautiful things to see. Showing off the high speed maneuvers to the other cruise ships was an added bonus! Definitely worth every penny! Great time!

Reviewed August 30, 2017

This was by far the best tour we took during our cruise. I would highly recommend this. It is fun and exciting. Great guides and the capt is top notch.

Reviewed August 29, 2017

Ocean Raft Alaska is a top-rated attraction in Skagway, Alaska. The scenic boat ride through the Lynn Canal delivers both amazing views of the Alaskan wilderness and wildlife as well as a thrilling boat ride. Guests are provided with comfortable exposure suits that keep guests warm and dry. They had an exposure suit that fit me comfortably, despite my above-average size. They also provided bins during an orientation session to store our backpacks, jackets, and other valuables. The ride on the 750 HP Tongass Explorer was surprisingly smooth. The Lynn Canal was very still throughout our journey. All of the seats were comfortable. I tried both the bench seat at the back of the boat and one of the saddle seats on the edge of the boat. I was able to take my digital SLR camera on the excursion. I had no problem keeping it dry and safe. I would recommend bringing a lens cloth or very small towel (I purchased a very small, soft towel from Mountain Warehouse that can clip to my camera strap) to keep your lens dry. I would have no concerns recommending the excursion to young adults or seniors. While the trip was very exciting, it was not too strenuous. Captain Ashley did a great job of controlling the boat. Both Captain Ashley and Alyssa provided answers to all of our questions about the local wildlife and the scenery. On our excursion, we saw many eagles (approximately 20), a small group of harbour seals, and numerous waterfalls. It was a highly memorable experience that I recommend to anyone interested in experiencing Alaska up-close.