“Seattle Jem”

Inn at the Market
Ranked #1 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I have stayed here before and will always come back as the charm never wears off. The quaintness of the Inn will charm anyone who enters. As far as the rooftop patio with BBQ's and loungers, you cant beat the view. After a day of shopping or business, sitting with a glass of wine in hand watching the ferry cross the sound is just perfection.

Room Tip: i love the lower floors that look out onto the market, just to people watch,
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beachbumbrandi
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Dear Guest:
Thank you for continuing to make the Inn at The Market your hotel of choice when visiting Seattle, please contact me on your next trip and I will be happy to assist with arrangements.
David Watkins

Write a ReviewReviews (2,743)

Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I were in Seattle last 8-12 January to train under Jason Prefontaine, from whom we bought a custom made Slayer espresso machine for our coffee shop. After perusing the reviews of various Seattle hotels here on Trip Advisor, I decided to book us at the Inn at the Market. We were very pleased with our choice! Our room was spacious and had a beautiful view of the water, the bed was quite comfortable, enough to make it difficult to get up in the mornings. The bathroom was clean and spacious, stocked daily with Gilchrist & Soames toiletries. My only beef with the bathroom was that the shower was incorporated into the tub, it was just a little bit inconvenient, but it didn't detract from the quality of our stay. Housekeeping was quite thorough, our room was always well cleaned daily. The door men were always amiable and helpful, and so were the front desk staff. The hotel had no restaurants, but it was within a little courtyard that also included the superb Cafe Campagne which served lovely French cuisine (We had dinner two nights in a row!); Bacco, a cafe that was only open for breakfast, which was quite satisfying; and Marche which we patronized every night for desert and drinks after dinner. There were also some interesting looking shops and a salon in the courtyard which I was never able to visit because by the time we would get back from training, they were all closed. The staff at Cafe Campagne and Marche were very friendly and helpful. We thought my husband left his cellphone at Marche on our last night and the staff helped him turn the place around to search for it. We loved Seattle and Inn at the Market, and would like to come back for sure!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your excellent summary of your experience here, I am very pleased to read your enjoyed our restaurants, I will share your comments with the team and thank you for staying with us at the Inn.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We recently spent our 20th wedding anniversary here and realized that we have done more anniversaries here than anywhere else. The Inn's location is wonderful with Pike Place Market and 1st Avenue so close; lots to see and do. The rooms are large and full of light, the bed was wonderfully comfortable, and staff were helpful and friendly. We had reserved a city view room but when they found it was our anniversary, gave us a free upgrade to a water view room - and a deliciious chocolate dessert in our room. The rooftop deck expands the view even more and is a great place to spend time. We spent time at the Market, had a martini at the Triple Door (live happy hour music, no cover) and a delicious dinner at Chez Shea. We love the Inn and I'm sure we'll be back!

Room Tip: Can't beat the water view side!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The inn was the perfect location for a weekend in Seatlle, it's close to shops, restaurants and entertainment,great price too.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2012

My husband and I stayed February 12th until February 15th, 2012. We had a water view room at the rate of $245 per night/ $855 with tax. The room was clean and the staff terrific. We had a poorly operating coffee pot and it was immediately replaced with one that worked. The pillows were too soft, so we asked if we could have an extra one. The staff immediately came up with two tempurpedic pillows. I was impressed. When we got home we were asked by management to take a survey regarding our stay. I happened to mention the refusal of the Orange Cab driver, who took us to the airport, to give us the flat rate of $32, as stated on the cab's passenger window and confirmed by another cab driver, who had told us rates are metered when coming FROM the airport but charged a flat rate when GOING to the airport. Our cab driver stated we needed a form, provided by the hotel, in order to get the rate. Not true! I had also researched cab fares on the internet before leaving home. The manager of the Inn at the Market advised he would refer this cab incident to the transporation authority. I also sent an e-mail to Orange Cab advising I would not use their company in the future. I have not heard back for them---Go figure. Anyway, the only negative I have regarding our stay was the decor of our room. I actually laid in bed thinking a change in the pictures on the wall and the curtains would help. The room has a bit of a tired look and not pulled together. I also had an issue with the blower on the heater. It is winter and it is possible dust was blown into the air, as my eyes instantly acted up, when the heater went on. Would I stay there again or even recommend the hotel to friends--of course. You can't beat the location and everyone was happy to please. I also appreciated the secure office center, in order to print up our boading passes.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tumblentumbleweeds58
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Dear Guest:
Thank you for completing the hotel comment system as well as sharing your concerns with readers of tripadvisor. There is no form required for a taxi fare to SeaTac airport from the Downtown Hotel zone. I am in the process of following up with the taxi commision as well as Orange Cab. I do apologize for the actions of Orange Cab and I will be in touch with you once I find out a little more. On your next trip to Seattle, contact me directly and I will be happy to assist with arrangements here.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

Stayed in January 2012. Great, spacious room (I asked for an upgrade), with a stunning view of the water and great access to the Marketplace. Terrific restaurants nearby (including those right in the complex). Great staff. Looking forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TS_Elppy
Reviewed 14 February 2012

This place spends its money where it counts-the beds are fantastic, the sheets divine, the pillows cloud-like...and of course, the location can't be beat. But frankly, that is all that recommends the place--outside of what I mentioned, the rooms are rather plebeian, at best. We had a street side room, which was tiny, and the water pressure SUcked--could barely rinse my hair. The bathrooms need a make-over--they look like what they probably are--spiffied-up Holiday Innish. At the very least, make sure that the fixtures aren't falling off the wall. We had a TERRible tip from front desk staff about where to go to eat, so don't bother asking--they either don't know or they get a kickback--either way, they are not to be trusted. WE paid $160 a night, including valet parking, which for the location (and those sheets and bed--ahhhhh) still seemed reasonable for Seattle. Yes, I'd go back--just for the sleep and location.

Room Tip: View rooms are fantastic, but much more expensive, and streetside also has a lovely view of the Spac...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank loulouL.A.
marketcaptain, General Manager at Inn at the Market, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Dear Guest:
Thank you for sharing your experience with the readers of Tripadvisor. I do apologize that our front desk team reffered you to a restaurant that you did not enjoy. If you do have a moment I would like to learn more of stay. You can contact me via telephone at 206 269 2215 or via my email at dwatkins@innatthemarket.com. I look forward to hearing from yuo.