1,610 results
All reviews regatta bar space needle club level pillow menu platinum member valet parking within walking distance corner room few blocks per night alaskan cruise front desk staff pike place market downtown area light rail business center city view
Reviewed January 19, 2016

Customer Service-
We booked our reservation with the Crowne Plaza even though I am a big Marriott advocate. I am not as familiar with Crowne Plaza therefore I did not have high expectations. My low expectations were blown out of the water as soon as we arrived. (Which we would recommend taking an Uber from SEA-TAC because it was fast and cheaper than a taxi although you can take the Central Link Light Rail & it will put you a couple of blocks away and it's inexpensive, just less convenient) Jesserose at the front desk asked for the name on the reservation and as soon as we started to say it, she finished it. She said that she had read the comments in our reservation that it was our first time in Seattle and that we would prefer a high floor with a view as well as local eateries. She then proceeded to let us know that since we had put comments in our reservation that she had upgraded us to a large corner room with 2 windows. Wow. Then she directed us to Terri, the concierge, who had already had a map ready for us with a great list of recommendations. When we arrived in our room later that night after we ate dinner there was a cheese and fruit tray, bottle of champagne, and a note from Terri telling us that she hoped we would have a very romantic weekend. Another wow. Both of these women were so friendly and more helpful than their job requires.

Great location-
This hotel is perfect access to the market, harbor, and the Seattle center. If you go out the front door and take a left, you will walk down hill about 6 blocks to reach the water. (Now we enjoy walking so we took the same route back to the hotel but if you prefer less of an incline then you can take Pike or Pine) Again, we enjoy walking so the 30min walk to the Space Needle was enjoyable but if you would prefer less steps on your FitBit then there is a monorail a couple blocks from the hotel that literally goes to and from the Space Needle. The cost is $2.25 and you have to pay for it in cash on the train. There are a ton of restaurants, cafes, and stores around the hotel, just be sure to research the price as you will be paying "downtown prices" in most of these places which is to be assumed.

Room-
Our room was VERY spacious and had an amazing view since it was a corner room. Definitely request a corner room. The most important aspect of a hotel to me is cleanliness and our room was immaculate. You could tell that they had just vacuumed (GREAT sign) and everything was up to date. The only negative we had about our room was that our air conditioning was on a strange cycle where it would make this humming sound every few minutes in the morning. It obviously wasn't a big enough problem to report but it might be good for the hotel to take a look at. Room 3064

Seattle as a whole-
Seattle is BEAUTIFUL! It is green, has mountains & water, and the downtown area is well kept. This was the safest I have ever felt in a downtown area.

Must dos-
GET A CITY PASS!!! Visit the Pikes Place Market, EMP Museum, Coconut Ice Cream from Seattle Bay Creamery (even if it's cold & rainy) Crabfeast at Crab Pot

Once you get your city pass try to go to the Argosy Harbor tour first to hear the history of Seattle. This tour will make you appreciate Seattle and provides fun facts which you would never know otherwise. I realize that this does not specifically correlate with the Crowne Plaza but it is good information to know.

Overall, the Crowne Plaza would be HIGHLY RECOMMENDED from our household and we would definitely visit Seattle again!

Room Tip: Put comments in the "comment section' of your reservation. Ask for a high level, corner room
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jrose32
Reviewed January 18, 2016

We had a room on the Club Floor (31) so we were very high up which gave us a wonderful view. The room was spacious and clean, and the amenities were nice. My only "complaint" is that there is a thermostat in the room and it was set to 68, which is fine during the day, but very warm at night. I tried many times throughout the night and our second day to adjust the thermostat, but it would reset to 68 after about an hour. I tried turning it off, I tried resetting the fan speed, I pretty much tried everything and it continually reset to 68. I am sure management has their reasons for making the thermostat reset to 68, but if I pay for a room, I would like to control the climate. If the management feels it necessary for the thermostat to reset then they should change the settings for it to happen only once per day, and it should be in the morning. But otherwise, the staff was very friendly, the room was very nice, and the location was perfect.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that is higher up for better views.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2016 via mobile

Having not visited Seattle before, I asked a friend which hotel he uses on his trips to the City. He recommended the downtown Crowne Plaza, which suited me well as this chain has become a choice for me on most of my trips. As long as they are competitive (and that is not always the case) for this standard of hotel, I am using them for my stays.
The hotel is located in a pretty good position and you can walk to most places in the city.
It's about a 25 minute 40 usd taxi journey from the airport. On the return journey back to the airport, I used the train which is conveniently located three blocks away. It costs 3usd and takes around 45 mins - bit of a walk when you get to the terminal though.
At reception, once again I was made extremely welcome and they recognise you as a frequent visitor. I was upgraded to a very nice room. Everything was very good including the view over the city.
The Only slight disappointment was the service in the first floor bar, which was s little slow, but not too annoying
Overall, the stay was very good and as long as they remain competitive I would definitely stay here again

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Wildhj
Reviewed January 17, 2016

We stayed in this hotel at the beginning of December 2015. The room was clean and well appointed. There seemed more extra pillows than usual for a hotel room which was great. We liked the extra touches like the aromatherapy for better sleeping. There was a decent view from the room looking at the Columbia Centre - Seattle tallest building. The hotel is also in a convenient location: a couple of blocks to the light rail station, downtown, the waterfront and still walkable to Pike Place Market. We did not use other facilities or have breakfast at this hotel but we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2016

The location for us was perfect- the right blend of close to the convention center, tourist activities and public transit from the airport. Staff was very friendly, room was comfortable and we even had an unexpected view of the Space Needle. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
crister, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Seattle Downtown Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2016

Dear needstogetaway,
Thank you for the 5 star review. It was great to read our location was perfect and the room comfortable with a view of the Space Needle. We are so pleased you would definitely stay with us again. We appreciate your business and hope to welcome you back again soon.
Cristy Smith