“Soon nice plase” 5 of 5 bubbles

MarQueen Hotel
Ranked #52 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
“Soon nice plase”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2011

I fell in love with this place immediatly as i had crosse the threshold of doors

• Stayed December 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Hebrew first
Portland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2011

This small and accomadating hotel is really great for those of us who like our amenities in a casual friendly atmosphere. If you are just visiting Seattle, you could actually spend your whole trip never leaving the area. Easy bus and taxi service, really highly recommended.

Room Tip: Although the third floor is a walkup, the scenery and street life are wonderful.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

Well, I like this sort of place. It has lots of character, visible wood, scrolly frilly decor, dramatic entrance lobby that makes you feel you've arrived at least somewhere. I didn't have too much chance to explore the neighborhood, but my local host drove me around a bit and pointed out all the great eateries and coffee shops (Seattle is pretty old school; I half-expected to hear poetry and bongos). Plus it's near the Seattle Center, with all the stuff happening there. I found the room very comfortable, and the kitchenette was terrific, with utensils, dish ware, everything exceptionally clean. I mean you could easily live here a week. Room was big, but there was no desk in the main room, just chairs and a cabinet that held an old-style CRT TV (but with a good selection of cable). Floor creaked along the entryway. Bath was fine, stocked with shampoo; water was kinda hot, or say just hot enough. Closet was a big walk-in affair. No elevator, if that matters. I'd definitely stay here again. Price was great. Accommodations quite adequate. Atmo pleasing.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank RandMcNally
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2011

Lovely old building with tremendous character, lots of space and an EXCELLENT location. Market, drugstore, and ER nearby. Fabulous restaurants across each street. Close to wharf and Needle. Used hotwire and then upgraded upon check-in. I will be back!

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank gracious_tx_traveler
Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2011

We loved the Marqueen. The early 1900 design was absoluetly stunning. The staff went above and beyond to make sure our stay was good. The staff was extremely helpful in trying to find my husbands wallet after he accidently left it in a cab. They went to great lengths to help us but unfortunately were unsuccessful. It was comforting to know that strangers were still very willing to help a visitor in distress. The rooms are very large and comfortable. The hardwood floor squeaks as you walk across it, but adds to the character of the hotel. Do not stay here is you are looking for all of the modern amenities but do stay at this hotel if you are looking for a historic experience. The lobby reminded me of the Titanic with all of its grandeur. The chandliers and wood work are incredible.
The continental breakffst was sufficient as we usually ate too much the evening before. The Mexican resturant across the street and the Dueling Piano bar around the corner are both a must to experience. The king size bed was very comfortable and we found the maid service was good, with only a bit of a language barrier.
Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel if you want an experience in a turn of the century hotel. You will not be disappointed by the friendliness of the staff and the walking distance from the Seattle Center.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sunlover306
Bridger
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

We love the Marqueen and will stay again and again, I'm sure. This time we have a couple complaints; the tub was not clean and the fitted sheet didn't fit the bed. Also, be aware: if you don't ask for a street side room, you might feel like it's 10 p.m. in your room 24/7.

We love the location (in the same building as Cafe Lladro), the valet parking, the nice staff, the cool rooms, the welcoming lobby, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a street-side room so you will experience light.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jean A
Pullman, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

The Marqueen's entrance is truly lovely and their staff was as helpful as we could have hoped-valet was so quick. My grown kids and I loved the old, converted apartment building feel, and the beds were very comfortable. My husband, who joined us a couple days in, hoped for an amenity or two more such as an elevator, or a hot tub for soaking, or a wine hosting more than one night a week so we could have enjoyed it while we were there...maybe a touch of modern to make the historic a bit more comfortable. The breakfast is very simple, but well stocked and very tidy. Bagels, fruit, yogurt, and some instant oatmeal but no milk that I saw. Coffee was very good, fonte is one of our favorites in Seattle.
We loved the easy, walking access to so many types of restaurants and entertainment.
The only complaint I would have is the maid service appeared to be a little less than 100%. We were there for three nights, and spilled crackers on the floor in the kitchen the first night. They never got cleaned up that I saw, and the kitchen floor was sticky the whole time, in one particular spot I seemed to find every time I walked in there (albeit rarely).
I didn't rent the room for the kitchen, so I wasn't too concerned, but that's the type of thing that makes me then wonder about how thoroughly the bathroom gets cleaned.
The other thing I keep noticing in hotels lately is that many do not provide any counter for your toiletry bag. A little glass shelf above the sink isn't enough, it doesn't hang on the door, and there's no way I am putting it on the floor. So then what do I do with it?...keep it in the other room, which is very inconvenient. Small problem, but functionality needs addressed just a little.
My husband didn't think it was one he would want to stay in all the time. I think I would for the right price. We stayed at another, higher end boutique hotel right by Pike Street recently and dollar for dollar, the Marqueen was much nicer and the staff won, hands down!

Room Tip: View rooms are sort of pointless, at least on the second floor I discovered after asking for somethi...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family