MarQueen Hotel
  • Fitness centre
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
1,254 results
All reviewsno elevatortin lizzieseattle centercafe ladrospace needlequeen annecontinental breakfastsitting areafull kitchenapartment buildingsmall apartmentold charmfirst flooryogurtacross the streettoulouse petithardwood floors
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 December 2011

This small and accomadating hotel is really great for those of us who like our amenities in a casual friendly atmosphere. If you are just visiting Seattle, you could actually spend your whole trip never leaving the area. Easy bus and taxi service, really highly recommended.

Room Tip: Although the third floor is a walkup, the scenery and street life are wonderful.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Well, I like this sort of place. It has lots of character, visible wood, scrolly frilly decor, dramatic entrance lobby that makes you feel you've arrived at least somewhere. I didn't have too much chance to explore the neighborhood, but my local host drove me around a bit and pointed out all the great eateries and coffee shops (Seattle is pretty old school; I half-expected to hear poetry and bongos). Plus it's near the Seattle Center, with all the stuff happening there. I found the room very comfortable, and the kitchenette was terrific, with utensils, dish ware, everything exceptionally clean. I mean you could easily live here a week. Room was big, but there was no desk in the main room, just chairs and a cabinet that held an old-style CRT TV (but with a good selection of cable). Floor creaked along the entryway. Bath was fine, stocked with shampoo; water was kinda hot, or say just hot enough. Closet was a big walk-in affair. No elevator, if that matters. I'd definitely stay here again. Price was great. Accommodations quite adequate. Atmo pleasing.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank RandMcNally
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Lovely old building with tremendous character, lots of space and an EXCELLENT location. Market, drugstore, and ER nearby. Fabulous restaurants across each street. Close to wharf and Needle. Used hotwire and then upgraded upon check-in. I will be back!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank gracious_tx_traveler
Reviewed 6 December 2011

We loved the Marqueen. The early 1900 design was absoluetly stunning. The staff went above and beyond to make sure our stay was good. The staff was extremely helpful in trying to find my husbands wallet after he accidently left it in a cab. They went to great lengths to help us but unfortunately were unsuccessful. It was comforting to know that strangers were still very willing to help a visitor in distress. The rooms are very large and comfortable. The hardwood floor squeaks as you walk across it, but adds to the character of the hotel. Do not stay here is you are looking for all of the modern amenities but do stay at this hotel if you are looking for a historic experience. The lobby reminded me of the Titanic with all of its grandeur. The chandliers and wood work are incredible.
The continental breakffst was sufficient as we usually ate too much the evening before. The Mexican resturant across the street and the Dueling Piano bar around the corner are both a must to experience. The king size bed was very comfortable and we found the maid service was good, with only a bit of a language barrier.
Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel if you want an experience in a turn of the century hotel. You will not be disappointed by the friendliness of the staff and the walking distance from the Seattle Center.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sunlover306
Reviewed 5 December 2011

We love the Marqueen and will stay again and again, I'm sure. This time we have a couple complaints; the tub was not clean and the fitted sheet didn't fit the bed. Also, be aware: if you don't ask for a street side room, you might feel like it's 10 p.m. in your room 24/7.

We love the location (in the same building as Cafe Lladro), the valet parking, the nice staff, the cool rooms, the welcoming lobby, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a street-side room so you will experience light.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple