“Unforgettable Stay.”

Ranked #24 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
North Miami Beach, Florida
“Unforgettable Stay.”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Since the moment I entered this hotel until the moment i departed I felt that I was in a 2012 small historic castle, yes, the building is old but in excellent shape and near to downtown. The girls at check in area, the concierge, the bell boys with the valet parking agent, the lady who opened the door at midnight ( The night auditor i guess), the upscale bar and the waitress in the morning at the restaurant made my stay very unforgettable. For sure I will not think twice to come back again on the near future to this property.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Seattle
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I walked in off the street and was able to get a room for the lowest rate I had seen advertised online. There weren't any normal rooms available so they upgraded me to a suite at no additional charge. The suite was nice with a roomy living room area and a bedroom.

They didn't hassle me about checking out late, either. The location is less central than some, a few blocks east of the downtown core. My room lacked an in room safe, a standard amenity in most hotels at this price point. They authorized twice the room rate at check in and the amount has yet to be released (it's been several days now).

The bed was dreamily comfortable with 9 pillows!

Room Tip: Check in late, I did and got upgraded to a suite for free because they were out of standard rooms!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2012 via mobile

We stayed at Sorrento for 6 nights, a young lady at a reception desk checked us in with an offer of an upgrade to a suite with a great price, she sold us! We would buy anything she sells. She was friendly and personable not a cookie cutter type. We traveled from Ireland to USA on vacation, long trip from home. She welcomed me and my wife like we were her most valuable customer. It was quite an impression that she made on us. Sorry, we don't remember her name. She is new there, i believed she has a slight accent. I think her name was Celine but not sure. We would like to thank her for making our visit to the Sorrento memorable. With her assistant, We could not see any flaws. All staff was helpful and friendly. Our room was beautiful and courtesy car was a plus. With an outstanding service of the front staff, we will return for our next trip to the US. We had a great time!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Elanor-dub
Lincoln, NE
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I throughly enjoyed my stay at the Sorrento Hotel. I chose this hotel because I wanted to stay in a hotel with some history and I was not disappointed. Not only is the hotel itself amazing- beautiful rooms and historic charm- the staff was impeccable. In particular, the concierge staff gave exceptional advice and were very pleasant.

As an added bonus for any females traveling alone, the hotel offers a car service that will drop you off in the tourist areas (within 2 miles of the hotel) and pick you up. I found this exceptionally helpful later in the evening when I did not want to walk around in unknown areas by myself.

I highly recommend this hotel to everyone. It was a wonderful experience and I look forward to staying there again the next time my travels bring me to Seattle.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Leslie H
SamJohnsonSr, General Manager at Hotel Sorrento, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Thank you for the terrific review, we appreciate you taking the time to share with others some of the details of your experience. I am glad that you found the car service useful, and that our team took good care of you in an unfamiliar city. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future. My best, Sam Johnson - General Manager
Oxford, NC
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I have stayed at the Sorrento twice while travelling for business. The hotel is marvelous but what really makes the stays wonderful is the attentive staff. Prepare to be spoiled! The suites are luxurious and the location is great. I'm looking forward to my next visit with eager anticipation. You can't go wrong by choosing the Sorrento!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Thanks for the great review, and I am glad that our team took good care of you. I myself am headed your way in the next couple of weeks, as my daughter graduates from Elon University in Elon, NC.. We are hoping for a sunny day! Please come and stay with us again on your next trip to Seattle. My best, Sam Johnson - General Manager
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 17 April 2012

The most exotic happy hour foods in Seattle - rabbit pate, fried smelt, lamb meatballs, etc goes beyond most happy hour fare. The lobby area is one of the best hide-outs in Seattle, especially on a rainy day.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Brian12154
Thanks for sharing your comments about our new Happy Hour menu! Our brand new Executive Chef Dan Gilmore is re-working all of our menus, and they are being very well reeceived. We appreciate the positive feedback! We hope to see you again soon, on the next rainy day - today! My best, Sam Johnson - General Manager
boston,ma
Reviewed 15 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel so I could be near a conference at the Medical Center on First Hill. The staff was attentive and friendly. The room was spacious with a nice bathroom - with a porthole window in the bathtub! This is not a cookie cutter modern hotel, but an old, well maintained and restored place. It is not downtown, which could be good or bad. There is a hotel car (gratuity based) which you may or may not get to take you downtown, but a taxi is around $5. It's also slightly less expensive than some of the downtown hotels.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our location, and the bathroom port-hole window, those are my favorite rooms! Come and see us again if you return to Seattle. My best, Sam Johnson - General Manager