“perfect location, amazing value”

University Inn - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #28 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
california
“perfect location, amazing value”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed at this hotel during a recent college visit with my daughter. Could not believe the value. At the rate charged, it could have been a dump and I would have figured it was worth the low rate. Instead, it was one of the nicest places I've stayed at in any price range! Very clean and warm. Comfortable beds. Free internet with a printer for boarding passes. Great shower heat and pressure. Loved the wall mounted soap dispensers and the tropical smelling products. Coffee machine made good coffee for sipping before you go downstairs for the wonderful and healthy breakfast buffet. Bite-sized pineapple cupcakes with cool cream-cheese frosting in the afternoons were delectable. Helpful staff and coffee at the buffet even at 5 a.m. when we had to come down to meet the airport shuttle. Walking distance to campus and University Avenue. Was able to get from airport to hotel using public transportation (combination of light rail and bus) for less than $10. Looking for any excuse to return. Maybe my other kid will choose U Dub!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank sunny34
MarcoBaumann, General Manager at University Inn - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Dear Sunny34,

Thank you so much for your excellent review of University Inn!
We're delighted that our location, amenities and great team members made your stay so memorable!

We hope you find more and more reasons to visit us and give us a chance to welcome you over and over!

Thanks again for taking the time to write the review...

Marco Baumann
Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Westport, WA
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Our family reserved 4 rooms for 2 nights and were upgraded even at our AAA rate. Rooms were very comfortable. Perfect beds with silky smooth sheets and huge fluffy towels in the bath. The staff was always very pleasant and accommodating. Parking was included as well as a simple but adequate continental breakfast. We had a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BBWestport
Somerville, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 March 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the University Inn for 3 nights in March because UW flew me out for a prospective grad student weekend. The hotel was pretty standard - I wouldn't call it extraordinary but I can think of far more good things to say about it than bad.

The location was great. I walked to Drumheller Fountain (central UW campus) in about 15 minutes and there is a bus stop directly across the street from the hotel with frequent buses that can take you right downtown, where we visited the waterfront and SAM. I think the hotel also has free shuttles until 7 PM but we didn't make use of those. It was an easy walk to the main U District shops/restaurants/thrift stores.

The coffee/tea/hot chocolate served all day and mini cupcakes in the afternoon were a nice touch. The complimentary breakfast was pretty standard and a little crowded. There was also a Keurig coffeemaker in our Double Deluxe Queen room along with a fridge and a microwave, which I found to be very convenient for restaurant leftovers.

We had a nice window, but the view wasn't anything special. The room and bathroom were about the standard size and quality you would expect and were very clean. The art on the walls was weird and bad but I'm pretty sure that's what hotels are for. The wireless worked great. I had some trouble with the TV in our room losing reception but that was the only real problem I encountered during our stay.

Some things about the University Inn were similar to what you'd find at any standard chain hotel for about that price so I'm tempted to say it wasn't anything special, but the service was very good - we had to check out by noon but we couldn't take our stuff to the next place we were staying till the evening and lugging our bags around with us could have ruined our day, but the front desk held our bags for us for no charge and generally the staff seemed really attentive and helpful.

If you need to be near UW, this hotel is a convenient choice.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Carrie M
Florence, Montana
Reviewed 24 February 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for two nights in February 2012. My entire family also had a previous stay in October 2011. Both visits were excellent.

This is a convenient location if you have business or pleasure activities involving the University of Washington, as it is only a few blocks from the campus. There are loads of shops and restaurants within easy walking distance, so no matter what you're craving, you should be able find it nearby.

The property is really clean and well maintained. Staff is very friendly and accomodating.

It is a very minor point, but the only thing I can think of to improve would be to make the parking spaces a little wider. It's hard to fit a full-size car into one of them without risking a door ding.

I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Probably a little quieter if you ask for a room on the parking lot side. However, I've been on...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MontanaMike65
Amanda G, Manager at University Inn - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2012
Dear MontanaMike65,

Your lovely review is much appreciated. I always enjoy reading that our property was clean and our staff was friendly and accommodating. Thank you for the recommendation about our parking spaces. I will take that into consideration for future renovations.

We look forward to your return to University Inn the next time you visit Seattle.

Amanda Guyton
Hotel Manager
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Nice staff - I've stayed here a few times and really have enjoyed it. Great location by the University. Wish they had airport transport, but great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
The Netherlands
Reviewed 3 February 2012

We had a lovely time in this hotel. Nice big room, free parking, free WIFI, free very good breakfast. probably the best hotel breakfast we had on our whole trip. Yoghurt and fresh fruit; my favorites!
And the free shuttle into the city is a bonus! You can leave your car behind at the hotel, no worries.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Lauren2306
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 December 2011

We stayed here for two nights. They volunteered a complimentary upgrade to a nicer room even with our discounted AAA rate. We found the staff very friendly, the continental breakfast was adequate for our needs - well stocked and clean. We found the atmosphere very nice.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family