1,040 results
All reviews portage bay cafe u district free shuttle the burke gilman trail pineapple sister property continental breakfast hard boiled eggs outdoor pool cupcakes european style deluxe room keurig coffee maker medical center shuttle service stay there again hotel shuttle
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here because almost every downtown hotel was completely booked and I was very glad I did. This is a fairly basic hotel with only a few amenities: Staff was really great and gave me all kinds of recommendations for food and places to go. The room and whole hotel were VERY clean. My shower had good water pressure. They have a shuttle that has a limited range but was very accommodating to me and the driver gave me so many hints on the best way to get around on foot; something I really appreciated. I noticed in other reviews there were some complaints about general noise from doors closing or talking in the halls and I completely agree. Fortunately, I sleep with earplugs and had no issues but I definitely think I would have had problems without them. Also, there is a fantastic (and famous) breakfast place next door to them that I highly recommend: Portage Bay Cafe. I would absolutely stay here again. Especially if the purpose of your trip takes you near the university.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
TommyH2290, Front Office Manager at University Inn - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Christine C! Thank you very much for staying with us and for this wonderful review. I'm very glad you had such a great experience here. It's especially nice to see the kind words about our staff, which is where we really hope to stand out from the pack. I'll be sure to pass this along to the team!

Thank you again. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The elevator to one tower was broken & no offer to help get luggage up 4 flights of stairs was made. When I asked to switch to the tower with the functional elevator, I was met with rolling of eyes & an irritated tone of voice. This didn't change when I had to explain the reason I could not regularly be trekking up & down 4 flights of stairs (even without luggage). The rooms were typical hotel rooms, clean, nothing fancy. I won't be returning to this property.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Hello awilli50;

First, thank you for staying with us and for submitting this review. I am very, very sorry that you had such a poor experience here. We pride ourselves on our service and it's extremely disappointing to receive feedback like this. If possible, I would very much like to learn more about your experience so I can better identify the issue and the staff members involved. If you have time to contact me at thackett@staypineapple.com, I would greatly appreciate it.

I apologize it was an issue during your stay. Your business is appreciated and I hope you reach out soon.

Everything is being done to return our elevator to working order as well.

Thank you again. I hope to hear from you soon and wish you all the best.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here while one of us underwent a surgical procedure at UW Hospital. The staff went above and beyond to provide a place to rest without concerns and were very helpful supplying our needs. The beds are extremely comfortable and the 4th floor (top) is the quietest facing the interior parking lot. Breakfast is adequate and there is Kerig in room. Walking distance to market, (Trinity Market has great deli sandwiches) and many restaurants within walking distance. Would stay again for closeness to hospital as I could walk thru UW campus.

Room Tip: 4th, top floor, facing parking lot is quietest
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TommyH2290, Front Office Manager at University Inn - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Kay S! Thank you so much for staying with us and for this kind review. I am very glad we could provide a comfortable stay for you under difficult circumstances. It's really nice to receive feedback like this and I'll be sure to pass along the compliments to the team.

Thank you again. Wishing you all the best!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I love this place. I have stayed here the past 4 years while my daughter went to school at University of Washington. The rooms are clean and have all the amenities I need. Refrigerator, hair dryer, coffee maker, free water bottles, free bikes to use around town.The service is amazing. always very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello hockeymom850! Thank you so much for your continued business, and for sharing this fantastic review! I'm very glad we have been able to offer a consistently comfortable stay through the years for you & family. It's especially nice to see the kind words about our staff. I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to the team!

Thanks again. We hope to see you again soon!

(And, go Huskies!)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My other accommodations fell through and the folks at this hotel put me in a beautiful room in under 5 minutes. The hotel is super clean and the free breakfast is good. I highly recommend this hotel as an excellent choice for travelers like myself.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Hello Wayne B! Thank you very much for staying with us and for this great review! I'm very glad you enjoyed a clean & comfortable stay. It's especially nice to see the kind words about "fantastic service" -- as that's where we really hope to stand out from the pack!

Thanks again. We hope to see you again soon!