“Good location”

GreenLeadersGold level
Meridian, Idaho
“Good location”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I booked this hotel to try something different. I have mainly been a Hilton guy and was curious to see what Kimpton had to offer.

Finding the hotel (I came straight from SEA-TAC airport) was extremely easy, it was a 1 minute drive off the expressway, and has a nice vertical sign spanning several floors of the facade.
They have a full valet service $35 for in and out rights. Across the street is a parking garage for self park, but I think it is close if not the same price.

I took an earlier than expected flight and was several hours before check-in time. The front desk was able to accommodate me and placed me on floor 3.

The room was smaller than I was used to, but very nice quality. My view was an alley with a parking garage. Cars were parked on the same level as the hotel window, so I had to pull my blinds to ensure privacy. Free wireless access in the room with a Kimpton account.
I went down to the lobby to work by the fireplace. They have a few couches and places to sit. This is meant to be a lounge more than a work environment, but it worked out fine.
Between 5-6pm they have free wine tasting in the lobby. This is quite popular, as there wasn't a spot to sit down it was so crowded.

I wandered out for dinner with some colleagues and almost any direction you walk, you can find restaurants. The location for this hotel was the best part.

After dinner I crashed out and woke up around 1am to a dog barking. The hotel must be pet friendly. The barking went on for quite some time. After that, every noise seemed amplified...ice makers, doors slamming (they have no mechanism to stop the door from slamming...it seemed like everytime a door slammed the entire walls shook). I would take advantage of the free wine, so you can hopefully be smashed enough to sleep right through the night.

The morning came and I walked by the restaurant inside the hotel. It was not overly crowded, but busy. It smelled good, but I didn't have time to stop.

I would say this hotel is average, but does boast a great location for walking distance to many attractions.

2 Thank trifocal3
VintageGM, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Dear Trifocal3;
Thank you for taking the time to share your overall experience with the readers of this site. I do want to apologize that you had spent time sleepless in Seattle while with us, as our goal here is that you are able to rest and rejuvinate while in our beautiful city. I always encourage our guests to alert the staff if there are any disturbances during their stay. It is better for us to know so that we can address a noise issue, this will ensure that all of our guests are able to rest comfortably, (You may be doing your neighbor a favor) you certainly will be helping us help you. I hope you reach out to me ahead of your next trip to the city so that we can make this up to you. All the best until then. Sandy Burkett, General Manager, Vintage Park Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed 27 February 2012

My recent stay at the Vintage Park hotel was more than I expected. The hotel is similar to many of the boutique hotels found in NYC. Charming and quirky. The rooms ... although a tiny bit small ... were well appointed and the beds were very comfortable with ample pillows. The staff was quick to serve and used your name making it a personal experience. Although I did not participate in the happy hour I saw other customers and saw them enjoying the local wines being served. The valet and front door staff were quick to open doors and hail a cab if needed.

The restaurant looked great ... I didn't have a chance to sample and was disappointed I could not try since the restaurant looked inviting and the menu was diverse. I'd definitely recommend and will stay here again.

Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I'm generally a fan of the Kimpton brand and decided to give this hotel a try on my most recent trip to Seattle. Check-in and check-out were efficient and friendly and I had a very nice room on the 11th floor, with an interesting view of the city. I didn't hear much street noise at all with the windows closed, although at one point I had to keep a window open slightly to keep it from getting stuffy.

Breakfast at the attached restaurant, Tulio, was very nicely done and the service was attentive. The hotel also puts out free coffee and tea in the lobby in the morning. (It would be nice if it were left out a bit longer -- it's sometimes nice to have a cup later in the morning or early afternoon.) I believe there is also an evening wine reception, though unfortunately I missed it each night due to work.

The location was great. I was able to walk to and from my downtown meetings and sneak in a quick visit to the Pike Place market area during my spare time. There's a very small fitness center with 3 cardio machines and some weights. It seems like it could get crowded quickly, though I never had to share it with more than one other person.

The staff that I interacted with were incredibly helpful. One desk clerk even tracked down a compatible charger for my cellphone when I mentioned that the battery was nearly dead, and had it delivered to the room within about 5 minutes. Very impressive!

My only small criticism of the hotel would be that the lobby area feels a bit cramped, especially when a larger group arrives at check-in. But this really didn't affect me at all, and overall it was an excellent stay.

2 Thank Massachusetts_Member
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Listen I've stayed in worse and stayed in better but overall a reasonable little hotel in a reasonable location in cool Seattle. Small rooms quaintly decorated and I have to admit the service from the front desk to the bell boys was second to none. Great little minibar and treats in the rooms but the adjoining restaurant serving the breakfast was to say the least downright awful food which is unusual I the USA. I would stay again but I think there may be better options in the city. Big up to the employees though they will bend over backwards to help you.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank markhusted
Dear Markhusted:
Wow your feedback on our service was fabulous thank you so much! It does seem however, that we did not hit your expectations when you spoke about the breakfast that you had, I am sorry. I just wanted to acknowledge that we try to take care of any opportunities that arise during your stay and hope to have the chance to make this up to you on your next trip to Seattle. Until then, happy trails and thank you for choosing to stay with us. Sincerely, Sandy Burkett, General Manager
vancouver, canada
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Stayed for two nights in February 2012 while attending the Garden show at the Convention center. We had a snug and tasteful room with a king bed on the 10th floor - very comfortable and well furnished. Very friendly and professional staff. I filled out one of their comment cards with a minor complaint (we found the tv system cumbersome) and I actualy received an e mail from the hotel management! Never had that happen before.
Great location right next to the very cool looking Seattle Public Library. About 8 minutes walk to the Convention Center and/or the major shopping stores (Macy's etc). 10 minutes walk to the Pike street market (try the Steelhead Diner for a good meal high energy spot).
If you are going to Seattle Center, the monorail is about 8 minutes walk away but if you want to walk it, you have a good 30 - 40 min urban hike on your hands. Restaurant is very good and their evening wine reception is quite nice. It starts at 5 and if you want a tasty free appy, you best be there on time. Lots of wine, however, which is very nice. Morning coffee service (free) in the lobby has very good coffee but then, this is Seattle, right? Tip - park your car for the weekend and walk around - dont drive. Its not that Seattle drivers are unfriendly, its just so nice to walk. Summary: Charming and comfortable heritage hotel in a superb location. Easy I5 freeway access and exit too. What's not to like?

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Layton, Utah
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Was recently on business in Seattle, stayed 4 nights Sunday-Thursday.

The hotel itself is in an older building that has been redone. Warm, rich woods and colors. Makes you feel at home. Yes, the lobby is small, but seriously, how much time will you spend there?

I was warmly greeted when I arrived at 7pm Sunday night. The desk staff were quick and efficient. Noted that I was staying a while, gave me some tips on where to go and what to see. Also informed of the hours the restaurant and fitness room are open.

I was upgraded to room 1108 on the top floor - a King Premier Suite. I would strongly suggest you somehow get this room! It was amazing, overlooking the city library, the skyline, and the courthouse. I could have spent all night just looking out the wall of windows! The suite had a sitting area with chair and sleeper sofa, nice sized flat-screen tv, fridge/dresser, and coffee table. The king bed was ridiculously comfortable, the bathroom updates with granite. It was a wonderful room.

The week flew by, all the while the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Checkout was a breeze, and they even held my bag for me so I didn't have to lug it to a business meeting. Oh, and they found my cell charger that I'd left in my room! Above and beyond.

The hotel, as others have noted, is close to I-5, and while you can hear some traffic during the day, at night this is a non issue. I even had my window open one night.

For the money, you can't find a better property than this. Breakfast downstairs at Tulio was tasty and reasonable, and be sure to join In Touch to get free wifi and perks.

To sum it all up - STAY HERE. You definitely won't have any regrets doing so. No surprise that it is #11 of all hotels in the Seattle area.

Room Tip: I was in 1108 -- it is on the south side overlooking the library and courthouse. I'd suggest a...
1 Thank kjwzoom
Dear Redalaro;
I love it when guests spend some time with us and get to know how much we enjoy taking care of our out of town travelers. Your review is posted in our back office. Thank you for spending your time letting other travelers know the details of your experience. Again, from myself and our staff your words are gratefully appreciated. Enjoying the Sun in Setatle today and sending some your way! Sandy Burkett, General Manager
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I used to frequent this hotel when I travelled to Seattle for business over 10 years ago. We stayed here for one night last weekend during a quick family getaway to the Northwest and I had to stay at the Vintage Park Hotel. Everything was smooth and comfy! Parking was easy (though of course it's not cheap overnight in the city), check in was fast, our room was clean and oh so cozy. Though small, the fitness center equipment is top notch and everything was clean. The coffee service in the lobby in the morning is nice and unfortunately we missed the evening wine tasting in the lobby.
Love this hotel!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
VintageGM, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Seattle, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Dear TLWhite:
Thank you for first of all choosing to come back when you were here in Seattle for pleasure. It always makes us happy to see our frequent guests return. The convenience of our location hopefully helped you feel right at home during your brief visit. We are grateful that we had left you with such a great feeling of being cared for that you allowed us to serve you during your most recent trip. Please don't wait so long next time to get back up here to the beautiful PNW. We would love to have some of the sunshine that you enjoy where you are. Until next time....
All the best in the year ahead and thanks again for your generous review!
Sandy Burkett