All reviews coffee shop in the lobby nespresso machine free happy hour drinks cancelled the booking big name hotels free wine and beer lovely boutique love seat great location convention center super comfy bed entire room every evening pike place market great gym small bathroom amazing hotel
Reviewed May 11, 2018

Checked in late in the evening. No bellhop that I ever saw throughout my stay, so I toted my own bags up. (Actually, no service at all that I ever saw throughout my stay, so I guess nice that I didn't have to tip anyone ever.) Got to the room ready to go straight to bed. Went to turn down the sheets and found stubble and hair in the sheets from the previous occupant. Called the front desk and asked for fresh sheets. While waiting, found the table covered in debris and coffee rings, and the carpet was simply filthy. Called the desk back asking for them to bring a vacuum and to be prepared to wipe the table as well. When housekeeping arrived, they tried to just hand me fresh sheets and leave! I insisted she come in and change the bed, and she acted like this was an enormous imposition. Then it turned out she had brought fresh sheets, yes, but not pillow cases nor duvet covers. I asked for fresh pillowcases as well, and she called someone else to bring her some. While she changed the sheets, I had to hold the remaining fresh linens, as there was no place else clean enough to set them down. Once the bed was changed, I asked her to vacuum, and again, she acted like this was beyond the scope of her responsibilities. She basically plugged the vacuum in and ran in across the strip between the two beds, ignoring the crumbs, hair, and loose threads on the floor throughout the room. As I pointed it out to her, she spot vacuumed the areas I pointed out, but I would not be surprised in the least to learn the room had never been thoroughly vacuumed since the carpet was laid. This impression was reinforced by the stains on the carpet. Since the carpet is black and tan stripes, the stained areas (covering at least half the surface of the carpet) were darker, leaving an impression that someone had bled out in the room and they'd just left the blood there to dry. She wiped the table, but didn't really clear the coffee rings. It was just nasty. The common areas are clean enough, so I know they know how to clean, but I guess the guest bedrooms aren't visible enough to make it worth the effort.

The first morning, housekeeping came by early, and we had to pass as we were trying to get ready, but then waited the next day in the room to be sure to get fresh towels, and they didn't come until well after 2:00.

The beds and pillows were comfortable enough. Mine was a lot more broken in on one side than the other, so there was no sleeping in the middle, but that's a quibble.

I was surprised by how tiny the bathroom was, especially given the overall room was pretty large. My small powder room at home is larger than this bathroom (it was nice to learn I can fit a shower in my main floor powder room if I ever need to move my aging parents in with me). Plenty of hot water and good water power. The toilet paper dispenser is mounted to the left of the toilet, under the sink. It took a couple of days to figure out how not to hit my hand on the vanity when I tried to tear off the paper.

The description says there's a concierge, but I never saw one, unless the desk clerks double as concierges. Besides the dirt, I found this hotel pretty unfriendly. I'm used to being greeted when I come in, and having doors held open. They did have a part-time doorman who'd open the main door, but not the inner one, and the desk clerks acted like I was invisible every time I entered or left. It felt like I was paying $250 a night for a $50 a night experience.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
7  Thank hyoi2018
Amber B, General Manager at Hotel Theodore, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2018

Good day hyoi2018,

Thank you for your review. I regret to hear of hte inconsistencies you experienced during your stay at the Hotel Theodore. This is definitely not the caliber of service that we are used to providing, and apologize for your experience. Please reach out to me at amber.bucko@hoteltheodoreseattle.com, so I may look into your stay and address your concerns personally.

Reviewed May 9, 2018

Front desk staff were particularly helpful and pleasant. Stayed at the hotel a few years ago when it was the Roosevelt and thought it was fine at that time. The current updated hotel is even better - the rooms have been nicely renovated, very clean, modern [while referencing the historic style of the building] and comfortable. The downtown location is excellent - handy to shopping and restaurants, not too far to walk down to Pike Street Market. Also it is only a few blocks to the central transit center for catching light rail to the airport . Definitely will stay again on our next trip to Seattle.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Amber B, Manager at Hotel Theodore, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2018

Good day ebplunkett,

Thank you for your review! We are always elated to welcome back past guest to see our new and exciting renovation. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the updated feel of the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you many more times!

Reviewed May 6, 2018

Former Roosevelt Hotel, that was nicely renovated and creatively renamed. Staff was very attentive and room was spacious and clean. Bathroom (we had one with a shower) was not the big one, but enough for one person at the time. Room had Nespresso machine that was a nice touch.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

Good day Alx G,

Thank you for your review. As with several touches throughout the renovation, we renamed our hotel to the Hotel Theodore to pay homage to the past. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and a nice cup of coffee in the morning! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 4, 2018 via mobile

We found Hotel Theodore by searching online. What a gem!! Location location location was far what we imagine. From the airport we took light rail to our drop off spot. It dropped us off 1 block away from the hotel. First off I can’t tell you how beautiful the hotel is. We were greated by Mindy who made us feel so welcomed. She asked us what brought us to Seattle. We were celebrating our anniversary. She upgraded us to a suite. WOW!!!! I had the honor of meeting Dennis and Adam who treated us like royality. These three amazing people made our trip so wonderful. I am going to tell our friends, social media this is the place to stay. Thank you guys for making this trip amazing!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Good day skdurhamwilson,

Thank you for your review! It was such a pleasure to meet you during your stay and I am elated to hear that Mandy, Dennis and Adam made your stay special. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next anniversary!

Hotel Manager

Reviewed May 2, 2018

Hotel was under renovation when we arrived. Lobby was very small as most was blocked off. Exterior was surrounded by scaffolding. Staff were friendly although very new and were not sure of their surroundings when asked questions. There is free wine tasting at reception in the evenings.Good location. Lots of restaurants within walking distance including the Cheesecake Factory. Monorail to Seattle Tower 5min walk. Pike Place Markets 15min walk. Lots of shops along the way including pharmacy and supermarket.

Room Tip: Rooms are small though cozy.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank wasabi888

Good day wasabi888,

Thank you for your review! We are proud to announce that we have completed our renovation and would love to welcome you back to see all of the changes! We've also modified our evening apertivo hour to showcase our signature Venture 29 vermouth, made exclusively for the Hotel Theodore. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Hotel Manager