“Great Capital Grill meal”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 4,383 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: University
Description: Whether you're seeking a relaxed setting for lunch, a gracious atmosphere for dinner, or a festive and elegant venue for your most special occasions, The Capital Grille will provide a dining experience you won't soon forget. Local, seasonal ingredients, the freshest seafood Seattle has to offer, and hand cut dry aged steaks masterfully prepared, all served in the sophisticated environment of the historic Cobb Building.Join us, won't you?
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Ate here with my wife and two adult relatives on a weekday night. As with all Capital Grills, we were seated cordially and promptly and our waiter and busser were very attentive. The interior was warm, traditional, and comfortable. The food was excellent.

I especially like their incredible bread selection and extensive wine list. Interestingly, they have no beers on draft - only bottled beer - a bit of a negative. The spinach salad was very good. The lettuce wedge was just o.k. - too much dressing with insufficient blue cheese-taste for me. The onion soup was excellent.

What we especially were impressed with was that my wife and I wanted to split the lobster and filet, having had sushi just a few hours earlier. They split it in the kitchen and presented it beautifully on two separate plates - very classy.

I really like Capital Grills, having eating at several. They consistently provide excellent service and food in a very classy environment.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Went on a Saturday evening to have a couple of drinks and a quick bite at the bar. The food and service were ok but the cost was way out of line. We had a cople orders of the bar sliders and two drinks each. The total cost with tip $100.00. It wasn't worth it.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

On a friend's recommendation we ate at Capital Grille and while the service and quality of food was very good, it was not spectacular. I had the tenderloin medallions with lobster tails and it was very good but for $50 I have had better. The truffle fries were ok, as they tasted they were previously frozen and not freshly cut fries which you would think you would receive after paying $12 for this side dish. I would not return again as it was nothing incredible; same style of food like you would get at Mortons or Ruth Chris.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Best Steak in Seattle! quality of the meat is excellent and they also have a good range of entrees and appetizers.Great food, nice setting and presentation

Reviewed 3 March 2012

I thought this place had amazing service. There were about 10 of us in a private dining room, and we had one main waiter plus several others who were always checking in on water, plates, drinks, and other needs.

The food was very good - I particurly surprised myself by loving the mac-and-cheese lobster appetizer (sounds odd, but it was fab). The swordfish was very good too, as was the pinot grigio.

The only thing that surprised me was the pretty limited menu. I don't eat red meat very often ... and I do realize this is a "steak place" but most of those steak places offer a good variety of other choices. The only chicken offered was a "roast chicken", which in my experience comes as a giant piece of chicken you have to fight to carve up (which no one wants to do in a fine dining setting) - no chicken breast that is tasty and yet easy to eat. Limited seafood choices as well.

Otherwise, it was a great experience!