“Best place for long term!”
Review of Belltown Inn

Belltown Inn
Ranked #50 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Best place for long term!”
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I have been staying here for a year and a half. Mainly for the location and is also fair priced. The staff here is excellent. If you ever have a question they are always glad to help. I recommend this place if you are just visiting or planning on staying longer.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 28 December 2011

This place was super convenient. We went with our 1 and a half year old so we were a little skeptical about the area but turned out to be not as bad as others had said (I tend to stay out of dark alleys regardless of where I am anyway!!). Staff was very helpful and pleasant during our stay and the room was always very clean. The best part was that we could walk to all the major downtown attractions or catch a variety of buses out front. We drove there, parked the car and spent the rest of the weekend seeing everything without the hassle of tiring hikes or frustrating parking. I'll be back there on my next trip!!!

Room Tip: If your going with children they offer beds for $15 per night. If you call them and make the booking...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Paoli, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 December 2011

We stayed at the Belltown Inn for two months or so. Its location is centralized and is a great place to stay if you really want to be in the middle of all the main attractions of Seattle. Almost all the essentials you'll need on a daily basis are within walking distance. The rooms were a bit small but not that bad and housekeeping was a 7/10 I'd say. And for some reason, internet was really expensive there! Our main issue had to do with the staff, they were really rude and didn't even greet us (nor respond when we did!) on our way in and/or out! The only exceptions to the rule were the manager and Cesar, Jeff and Rachel. I won't name the worst ones but I am sure they know themselves ... basically, if you weren't someone they can flirt with, they'd treat you like garbage! I never saw a hotel where they'd ask you to come pick up your own extra towels from the front desk, never smile at you and where the employees would have inappropriate conversations about undergarments and such right there in front of a guest! EXTREMELY unprofessional, if it were up to me I'd re-train those people. Oh, and people, "Uh-huh" is NOT the customer friendly response to "Thank you"! Only one person (Rachel) would respond with "No problem" ... there's also "Sure", "Anytime" and "You're Welcome", in case you were wondering what an appropriate response would be! Honestly, we loved seattle and wouldn't mind going back there but Belltown Inn would be the last place we'd stay it, we'd rather pay a bit more and be treated with respect.

Room Tip: DEFINITELY one overlooking the courtyard, not the street.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank H0nestReviewsAlways
Seattle
Reviewed 25 November 2011

Simply the best in price and area. You wont find a better place in down town without paying way more. It's nice and close to downtown and your able to get around,
Great Staff ready to help 24/7.
Rooms are Nice.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WiLdStar5
Seattle
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Stayed there for a little over a month. The rooms are small, hot and noisy. They quoted me one price but charge me another $556.00. When I asked the managment about it they became very rude immediatley. Makes me think it's happend before. Also at night you can go outside and score some crack or a prostitute. I never left my room after 8PM. I will never stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't think there is one.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Scott T
phoenix, az
Reviewed 18 November 2011

The hotel is convenient to walk to downtown attractions , such as museum, pike place, library, symphony hall, etc. It is also in the free bus zone, where you can actually hop on the bus for free. The bus stop is just across the street by the dog park. Went to Seattle for a JazzFest and concerts end late, walk back , alone, quite late but never encountered any situation, either on 2nd or 3rd Ave.The immediate area is not attractive and gave me a scare at first, but there were really nice restaurants and convenient stores nearby. The room was a decent size, not cramped. The little kitchen was a wonderful plus, even includes free coffee. Bed was good and clean, linens and towels clean and fresh. They gave me a room facing the courtyard which was nice and quiet. However, around 6pm a loud rattling sound boomed into my room. Happened three times, lasting 5seconds each. Then happened again early morning. The front desk does not have any idea what it is. I inspected corridor , nothing, did not sound like coming from next room or upstairs, and cleaners would not be working around that time. I finally figured out my room was near the stairwell, and maybe a guest would go downstairs and rattle banisters or rails or something, but it was really weird. Not the hotels fault, but I would remember to request room not near stairs. The front desk was really nice, knowledgeable, and pleasant. There is free wifi and use of computers by the pleasant lobby area. I would come back and stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing courtyard are quiet. Room near stairwell got nosy when certain guest rattle rails and...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
ARIZONA
Reviewed 16 November 2011

The location of the hotel is ideal, but it is a bit noisy in the late and early hours! The hotel is pretty basic but the rooms were clean and came with a little kichenette which was nice. The staff was very friendly, overall it is not a bad place to stay considering price and location.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple