SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union
Ranked #62 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Staff: Very knowledgable about the area and offered great suggestions for where the locals go.

Rooms: Definitely not fancy and a little dated but it was clean and comfortable.

Breakfast: A good mix of hot and cold options for the buffet breakfast (eggs, sausauges, cereal, pastries etc. and even a waffle maker) -- but don't wait until the end of the breakfast run since some of the food options aren't replenished anymore.

Location: It's not right in the heart of the city but it's only a short walk or cab ride into shopping/dining/nightlife core, belltown and the wharf. But if you're wanting to step outside and be in the thick of things, then the location may not be the best since there isn't much around it (take a look at the street view from googlemaps). And although it's next to the highway, the noise wasn`t bad since we were facing the quiet side of the building.

Room Tip: ask for the quiet side of the building
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank you_gotta_be_here

Reviewed 11 March 2012

The staff was very accommodating with our schedule. We were able to check in early and then leave our bags while we spent the next day in the city as our train didn't leave until late in the afternoon. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was one of the best we've ever had. We will return again and again!!!!

Room Tip: Great views from the upper rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Yes, it is a half mile to downtown. And get a room facing away from the freeway. Great breakfast. 2 free computers. Free use of the 24 Hour Fitness across the street. A short walk up the hill to Capitol Hill with many restaurant and bar choices. Free shuttle to downtown area. Have stayed their many times with no complaints. (I enjoy the CBC Canadian channel on the TV). Did I mention the friendly staff?

Room Tip: Away from I-5 (facing youth homeless shelter is the quietest)
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I loved my stay at the Springhill Suites in Seattle. I was in town from Fort Mohave, Arizona, visiting a friend. We stayed here, because it was basically in the middle of everything we were doing in 2 days. The staff was super friendly, the room was perfect, breakfast in the morning was great, and the shuttle service to the Space Needle was a nice plus. We got checked in by 11 am, which was great, because we had a day full of activities planned, and it was nice to get our stuff put away so we could enjoy ourselves. The price was very reasonable as well. I totally recommend staying here!!

Room Tip: We got a suite on the 5th floor. It was perfect for our party of 5.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ashley M
Reviewed 23 February 2012

This place is a mess. Check out the picture of the TV remote that I posted on Yelp. It is crusted with dirt and food....If they don't even bother to clean the obvious crust off of the remote, think about what else they don't clean properly. The heat did not work all night. They missed our wake up call almost making us late for our flight.

I have been a Marriott Rewards member for years, I am appalled at this place. When I spoke with the front end supervisor about these issues, he seemed really uninterested and tried throwing 5000 points at me to make me go away. I gave him the remote and asked him if he saw a problem with it, his response, "ummm, what's wrong, oh, do you mean that it is a little dirty?"

Bottom line, I stayed at this place 4 years ago and it was nice. Since then, it has slipped. It is close to the freeway, but quite a ways from anything else that you would want to do downtown. Don't stay here, find somewhere else.

Room Tip: Stay away from the freeway side of the building, it's noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
ajols628, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Seattle Downtown/South Lake Union, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2012

J B.

From your remarks, it is clear you didn't enjoy the same type of positive experience that the majority of our guests have come to appreciate from our hotel. I sincerely hope for the opportunity to discuss your stay in more detail and encourage you to contact me so that I may appropriately address your concerns.

Regards,

Aaron

Reviewed 29 January 2012

Did the Clipper combination from Victoria. Very impressed with how clean & friendly the staff were. The free shuttles were handy & very convenient to use. Free breakfast was ok but no meat. Didn't do dinner but had appies & drinks.. Don't try the sliders. Really to far to walk anywhere so thats why the free shuttle I guess. Pool & hot tub looked good but no change room!. To many kids so didn't use. Very well run outfit. Get the higher floors . The roar on the second floor was a little noisy.

Room Tip: Above the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dale D
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I arrived at this hotel around 8pm. As I pulled into the driveway, I was greeted by a very friendly bellman or valet parker (not sure) anyway, he told me the cost of parking onsite (which I think was $25) and said I could park for free on the street (as it was a Saturday evening) so he proceeded to direct traffic and help me back out onto the street and into a spot. Needless to say, this gave me a great impression straight away, Im aways extra impressed with people who go that extra mile when it comes to customer service. The room was nice and clean and the bed was comfy.Shortly after checking in, I left for a concert and then I checked out early in the morning, so I didnt really experience the hotel much, but I will say that the breakfast was awesome! So many free breakfasts consist only of cereal and pastries, but this breakfast had eggs, sausage,toast and so much more. id definatley stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends