New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersSilver level
Pullman, Washington
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

Comfortable, clean with an eclectic decor that made one feel at ease. The history of the hotel added to its allure. The chaise by the window was great for looking at Mt Rainier and the Space Needle. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful and made a person feel special. It is centrally located and easy to get to most places in the area. would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank myrna134
jbartlett, General Manager at Hotel Deca, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Dear myrna134

All of us thank you for posting such a wonderful review of Hotel Deca. You definitely touched on a number of the wonderful ameities and experiences a guest can indulge in while staying at the hotel. I personally wanted to thank you for recognizing our outstanding team at the Front Desk. We truly have a number of exceptional people who strive to make each experience for our guests unique and amazing.

We look forward to your next trip to the hotel.

Jonathan Bartlett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

Arrived midnight, no trouble for the staff to find an Aussie a tea bag for a cuppa. Room clean bright and location great. Bed and pillows like sleeping on a marsh mellow, awesome after 24 hours in a plane. Could not complain about anything. Thank you Hotel Deca

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Hello Trigger23,

We are so excited that you enjoyed your stay and slept so comfortably. After a long plane ride the very last thing you need is a horrible night sleep. Our personal goal is that you arrive to the Deca happy and you leave the Deca ecstatic. It sounds like from your experience we may have
achieved this.

We hope to see you again.

Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

No heat in room, lied to about the cause, poor response to problem, promised help but did not produce a heater until 11pm. Interviews with other guest said that they had heat, so they could have changed our room--but it was not offered. We got a space heater and one extra blanket at 11pm.

Room Tip: Stay away.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 99peonyrose
jbartlett, General Manager at Hotel Deca, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Dear 99peonyrose,

I wanted to let you know how sorry I am that your experience was clearly not at all what you thought it was going to be. I can assure you our entire team is extremely disappointed that we were unable to create an experience that would have turned your review into a much more positive one. I have already asked our Engineering Director to look into what the issue was and I can assure you we will find the problem and correct it.

I am also very sorry you felt that our staff did not respond appropriately to your concerns. We have a highly dedicated team who pride themselves on delivering outstanding service. After talking with them I think they tried very hard to make you as comfortable as possible considering the circumstance. When they recognized they were unable to solve this they decided to simply remove all the charges from your account. I am very sorry if you had hoped there was more we should have done.

If you would like to speak further about your experience please do not hesitate to contact me. Hopefully we can treat you to a true Hotel Deca guest experience again in the future.

Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

Thanks to Kyla at reservations for being helpful and flexible with my request. Woody made my stay an experience to remember. I had booked the Isabella for the afternoon, but was given the Presidential suite since it was available. The view was amazing, especially for pictures! Everyone at the front desk was accomodating as we all wanted to enjoy dinner in the suite before we left and they were nice enough to allow that since our check time passed. It is rare to come across such great service. Thanks Hotel Deca

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lowell
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

This is a great place to stay, especially if you want to be in the university area. The room was huge, and the bathroom was quaint. The staff was really friendly. I only wished i had longer to stay in the area so I could have spent more time there! Oh and the beds were the most comfortable things ever!!!!

Room Tip: Stay here!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Moss Point,Ms
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I just have to say it was the best, Emily at the front desk was great. My husband went to check in and im guessing he told her the situation with my bags and the airport...lost and only in town for a 2 days needless to say very long day. Well she made my day, knowing I had nothing she offered to run to her place to get me some shoes to wear so I could go out. Thats is what I call good service, but not only that she was so nice as was everyone we encoutered so willing to get whatever we needed for our stay. Even offered to bring bottle of wine up to our room if the bar downstair was cloesed. The whole experiance was amazing! Oh and the room WOW!!! Did I mention Emily upgraded (no extra charge) to The Noble House Suite top floor!! It was wonderful, full balcony private, walk-in shower, huge tub, fire place, I could go on and on about this place. It was one of the best stays I have ever had anywhere, I have to say. Friendly staff, very secure, affordable, good location, could not have asked for a better experiance

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shanna M
jbartlett, General Manager at Hotel Deca, A Noble House Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Hello Shanna M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let the world know about Emily, our amazing Front Desk Agent. I am confident when I say that many of our guests share your feelings about her. She is truly one of a kind and we are thrilled to have her as part of the Deca team. She truly cares about each guest and makes it her personal goal to make each visit the best hotel visit ever.

I will make sure she reads your comments.

Thank you again.
Longview
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

I made reservation's at the Hotel Deca through Expedia. Upon arrival we checked in and went up to our room; to discover we had a King bed. I was traveling with my sister, we do not sleep together. I immediately called the front desk and the clerk said to return to the lobby and they would fix the problem. While the first agent was assisting us, another male agent stepped up and told us that because we made our reservation through Expedia, they would not honor the request for a two bed room. He said, I will give you a rollaway. I said, that room is so small we would not have anywhere to walk. He said, sorry. We can move you to another Hotel, one mile away. I said, listen...I rode the train here, I do not have a car, I have to walk to the event and to my sons apt; if I am a mile away that would be a problem. He again said, sorry. He was so condescending, he just kept giving me one word answers and repeating himself. No help at all. So, Friday I slept on the floor and Sat. I slept in the bath tub by filling it with pillows. The stay sucked and I complained to every one working. The other agents just kept saying I am sorry there is nothing we can do....I will now always bring my car to Seattle (just what Seattle needs) and I will never stay at the Deca; again (this was my second stay). I asked, If we were two business men, would you expect us to sleep in the same bed? He refused to answer, he just kept saying sorry. I wanted to scream.

Room Tip: Upper floors are more expensive but much nicer and slightly larger.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank PSyaya
Dear PSaya,

Thank you for taking the time to let me know out your recent experience at the Deca. I wanted to express my sincerest apologies about your experience and how the agent you spoke with did not convey a sincere level of understanding.

After reviewing your reservation on Expedia it looks like we were unable to guarantee a room with 2 beds however, we were able to secure the King bed room type that was indicated on your reservation. Unfortunately during your stay we did not have any rooms available with two beds otherwise we would have immediately changed you to a room that would have been much more comfortable for you. When the person you spoke with recognized that our rooms with two beds were unavailable he wanted to make you as comfortable as possible. He believed offering you a room with two beds at another hotel that we would pay for was a possible solution. It is rare that we are unable to meet our guests room requests so when this does happen we try very hard to make it right. Moving you to another hotel was his attempt to make it right.

That being said, at no time should the agent have made you feel uncomfortable. I will speak with him about your comments to ensure he understands how our service levels can have an overwhelming positive and negative affect on a guest’s overall perception of the hotel.

From your comments I clearly understand your reluctance to stay with us again. Considering you chose us after a previous visit I am hopeful your first visit showed you what a true guest experience at Hotel Deca is. We truly pride ourselves on treating our guests to the highest level of sincere care and comfort.

If you would like to speak further about your experience please do not hesitate to contact me personally.