“A very unusual menu”

Ranked #1,046 of 4,474 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Reviewed October 9, 2017

This bar/restaurant is pretty dark, but quiet enough that you can talk with your friends. A lot of brew choices. but a limited menu of different dishes. We were in the large movie room which was fun to keep track of the TCM Classic movies showing. Was a fine stopping place before attending the theater at the Taproot Theater around the corner on 85th.

Reviewed September 24, 2017

The server corrected my grammar when I ordered fries for the table.
When he came up to the table and asked for our order, I casually said " Yeah, could we get some fries goin'?" and was immediately met with the response of " You could just say could we get some fries." So I awkwardly repeated the sentence he wanted to hear and then continued to take the rest of our orders. My friends were confused about what we just experienced. His humor was offputting and I was left a little anxious about how I would be ordering my food.

Reviewed September 8, 2017

We went here for a vegetarian meal and it was excellent. Their selection of beer is top notch. While there is ample in-door seating go for the patio for the full effect. If you go early, be prepared for the patio to be very kid friendly, which is why it worked so well with our grandchildren.

Reviewed August 25, 2017

We came in on a late Thursday night @ 930'ish and sat outside in their "beer garden" (my term). Obviously can sit inside, many tables. But wanted fresh air so outside we chose. The tables there are long with benches. So there could be a time you would share the long table via European style seating.
Since it was late, only two were occupied. We had the whole table to ourselves.

We were assured the kitchen closes at midnight which brought a sigh of relief. We thought they closed the food service at 10pm. That gave us more time to look at menu.

The beer list is somewhat extensive. MANY flavors to choose from. The wine by the glass is only 4 styles to pick and overall not much to select bottle-wise. I like amber beers and chose one with help of server; Scottish ale. Friend chose an Indian Pale which they have many of that genre.

Food selected under apps was a basket of fries which was HUGE! Even the server suggested not to order any more that comes with sandwiches. For those dishes we requested greens instead of fries since we have a basket of them coming. You're given a choice: Fries or Greens.

I ordered a pretzel which came with german mustard. Nice texture and size. Not big nor small. Wife ordered a grilled cheese sandwich which came with cream cheese and pimento. I'm not a cream cheese fan but she enjoyed it. The sandwich was creamy and it was oozing out. It was quite messy. The bread slices was of nice texture.

Friend ordered a BLT. That looked deeeelicious and she said it was. Came double-stacked. Her husband ordered short ribs and that too was out of this world. He finished it quickly.
Once again we all had the Greens with the sandwiches instead of fries since we had the basket of them.
Warning: DON"T order any more fries.

The Greens is simply a small salad of green lettuce with a dressing. Dressing was light. It was oil/vinegar base. Nothing else - no tomotes or onions or anything else.

Would we come back? Most definitely. We live in the neighborhood and it was our 1st time.

Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

Great selection of beers,, even better food.. we ate outside.. easier to talk... We also tried almost all the appetizers.. all good