We stayed here based on reviews here and on other websites. We stayed one night so we could go to the Seattle Art Museum. We found the staff helpful, and we were upgraded to a double queen, view room upon check-in, which we appreciated. The room was large, with a 42" flatscreen TV and a nice view of the lake. The shower was good--good water pressure. The bed was comfortable. There was a bar sink and mini fridge in the room, but no in-room safe. The free wifi worked fine, but I couldn't get the wired connection to work (not sure if it was my computer's setup, and I didn't have time to fiddle with it). Breakfast was good, in a room with a view of the lake. The free parking was convenient, and we left our car at the hotel and took the shuttle into town. The staff allowed us to leave our car for the day, even after we had checked out.
The shuttle runs twice an hour and has 3 routine stops: the Space Needle, Pike Place Market, and Pioneer Square. Book a place on the shuttle at the front desk to be sure you get a spot at your preferred time (it holds 14 people). For the return trip, just call the hotel and request pickup at one of the stops and they come by for you within 10 minutes. (There are pay phones in Pike Place Market if your cell phone doesn't have roaming or you don't want to pay roaming charges.) The shuttle driver is very helpful, with lots of interesting information--just ask. Be sure to leave him a tip!
Our only criticism of this hotel was the location. It's in a bit of an industrial area, overlooking a busy road (all night) with no shops or restaurants nearby. There is no restaurant in the hotel. Driving to other parts of town can be confusing because of road construction near the hotel. We got lost a couple of times driving to and from a restaurant on the other side of the I-5. Given the price of the room, however, I think we got good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the south end of scenic Lake Union, the Silver Cloud Hotel Seattle - Lake Union is two miles from downtown Seattle's finest shops and restaurants and just five miles from the University of Washington campus. The hotel is also located near Seattle Center and the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, and is only a 20 minute walk to the iconic Space Needle. Most of the guestrooms have spectacular waterfront views of Lake Union and Seattle. All rooms have 42" high definition flat screen TVs, complimentary high-speed wired and wireless Internet access, microwaves, refrigerators and laptop safes. A complimentary Silver Cloud breakfast is offered daily in addition to use of our brand new fitness center. The hotel features an indoor pool and spa and offers local area shuttle service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, JackRabbit Systems, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Silver Cloud Inn Seattle - Lake Union reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Cloud Inn - Lake Union Hotel Seattle
- Silver Cloud Hotel Lake Union