“A Lovely place to stay”
Review of Bacon Mansion

Bacon Mansion
Ranked #11 of 28 Seattle B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Olde Worlde style mansion in a quiet and attractive residential area close to amenties and bus route. Very comfotable with excellent service from Daryl the owner.

Room Tip: Book early, its very much in demand.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Bacon Mansion

Reviewed 16 May 2011

My family and I travelled to Seattle for our nephew's wedding . The mansion they stayed in was already booked by their immediate families. They had recommended this gem of an inn about 3 blocks from where they were getting married. The place is conveniently close to a park and a bus stop that goes into the Pike Market and other surrounding areas. The rooms are very clean and well maintained. The house itself is full of history. Darrell, the innkeeper, is such a sweet and helpful person. He went beyond his way to make sure we got to the wedding on time ! What a surprise to find he is also a cook and bakes wonderful, delicious breakfast muffins !

Room Tip: Unable to write here. Something wrong with the sys
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank billandzeny
Reviewed 13 April 2011

I stayed at the Bacon Mansion for 6 days. I was taking a workshop nearby and made reservations online. I told the owner I was sensitive to scented candles, allergic to down, and sensitive to smoke.

When I arrived my room was so clean and comfortable. I really looked forward to sleeping there too because the bed was so comfortable and the bathroom was so clean. I took several hot baths in an old clawfoot soaking tub that was as clean as the one I have at home.

The coffee in the morning was great, breakfast a delight, and the community spaces inviting. The art on the walls in all of the rooms was interesting and the neighborhood was one I enjoyed walking around in.

This B and B is not like a chain hotel and that is why I recommend it too. You can get a real feel for the neighborhood and in this stately old mansion that has been kept up so well it just feels cosy.

I would recommend this hotel to everyone and plan on staying again when I come to study in the area next year. You can walk to restaurants, museums, and shopping. I just love the area and the feel of the lovely old mansion.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2011

My family had a pleasant stay at the Bacon Mansion this past week. My two sons were on their college break so we decided to stay away from downtown Seattle to have easy access to get to the ski slopes, Boeing Tour, and Shilshole Bay Marina to charter a fishing boat. It was also close enough to get downtown to the Pike Street market and underground tour.
The Capitol room was so spacious for our family of four. It had a private bath which made our family more comfortable.(bath robes provided) Our college boys loved having wi-fi to use their computers.
Daryl King ,the owner/proprietor, provided us with a simple but delicious breakfast. We would always let him know if we had to leave very early the next morning and he would make sure something was left for us in the room to have the next morning. The days we were at breakfast gave us a chance ot meet those staying at the mansion.
The personal service made us feel very much at home. The living room was a good place to get away from family members to read a book or make a phone call.
We felt at ease walking in the neighborhood at night. There was a large grocery store near by with a huge wine selection and many places to eat,

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 October 2010

Stayed two nights with my daughter. Very enjoyable. Located in a residential part of Capitol Hill, the Bacon Mansion is within walking distance of parks, cafes and restaurants, chocolate & groceries. Close also to downtown, either by bus or walking.

Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Our bags were delayed at Victoria, B.C. Daryl the owner was suspicious about this. His manner was standoffish and generally unfriendly. Daryl presumed we had less cash than the other guests because we choose to travel by bus! If only he knew we are both high powered professionals working in the City of London.
Breakfast was too simple and easy for Daryl - muffins, fresh fresh, yoguart and cereals.
The house was grand and comfortable. Situated in Capitol Hill - its close to good coffee shops, resturants and Elliott Bay Bookshop (10th Avenue) but alittle far from the centre (15-20 min walk).

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
baconmansion, Owner at Bacon Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2010

I appreciate the input, but I will continue to offer all of my guests tips and information of what they have available for them to see and different options for transportation including cost vs time trade off. I do this regardless of which room they are in or however they arrive here. This guest felt I was singling them out for some reason and was apparently offended. Knowing who they were or where they work, would not of made any difference to us as they seem to suggest.
I regret the misunderstanding of my surprise that the bags didn't make it with them, as I couldn't believe that could happen on the Victoria Clipper. I was not suspicious in any way of anything. With the relationship soured on that, I apparently could do no right.

Reviewed 23 August 2010

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Bacon Mansion. It was an easy walk to Cornish College of the Arts so I'd highly recommend it if you have business there. It's in a gorgeous residential neighborhood yet convenient to parks, shops and restaurants. A couple of times we walked downtown and took a bus back. It's a fairly long walk downtown, but it's all downhill and very doable. Daryl, the owner, is fairly quiet but friendly and helpful. We spent a couple nights downstairs in the Emerald room. My family liked this spacious room, though I found it a little too dark in the daytime. Perhaps a lighter color on the walls would help. We then moved to the Carriage house which was very comfortable. Except for the pull out sofa, the mattress isn't all that comfortable but kids don't mind. We enjoyed talking with the other guests at breakfast, but I agree with some of the other reviewers in that it was fairly light and pretty much the same every day. We've been to Seattle many times but were thrilled to find this little gem of a B&B and neighborhood. From what we could tell, there is no computer available for guest use but we had a lap top and their was WiFi.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business