“History with a welcome smile”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seattle
Shafer Baillie Mansion
Ranked #5 of 28 Seattle B&B and Inns
“History with a welcome smile”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

This is a wonderful building with even better hosts. You must stay here.

• Stayed April 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Burnaby, BC
Reviewed 21 March 2012

A friend had recommended this place to us and we are ever so grateful to her for that tip. We enjoyed our third floor room with every amenity supplied and slept in a most comfortable bed. The breakfast was delicious and Brenda was helpful and welcoming, even giving us two tickets to the Seattle Art Museum for the Gauguin and Polynesia exhibit. We were able to walk to a good restaurant close by (Coastal Kitchen) and then find the buses the next day for travel downtown. The weather was windy and wet but we felt sheltered from the storms, partly thanks to the umbrellas thoughtfully provided. We appreciated the sitting rooms and tea/coffee and snacks/chocolate provided throughout the day. The mansion is beautifully decorated and restored and could be the set for an American Downton Abbey!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Iowa
Reviewed 18 March 2012

When our "usual" B&B was fully booked, we ended up staying here...and this is now our new favorite B&B (we visit Seattle frequently to see family). The location is great, the rooms are very comfortable and the hosts could not be more friendly and helpful! You don't need a car; public transportation is only a block away......and the breakfast buffet....outstanding! The BEST B&B in Seattle in my opinion!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 12 March 2012

My title says it all. From the decor of the rooms to the hospitality of the Innkeepers (Brenda and Glenn), the Shafer Baillie Mansion has the feel of home but the beauty of an early century mansion. Almost the entire first floor is open to guests, the woodwork and furnishings are beautiful with a lovely sunroom to add a slightly more modern touch. Brenda and Glenn made us feel so welcome and cared for and the breakfast they serve is delicious. A peek into most of the bedrooms left me stunned at how gorgeously decorated they all are with each room in a different color scheme. Any room would be a delight to stay in. Thank you so much to Ana and Mark (owners) for providing us with such a wonderful Seattle visit!!
Renee and Riley

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 12 January 2012

My daughter and I stayed here in June for 3 nights. It was the perfect location in Seattle for us, as we did not have a car. We could walk downtown, to the Pike Place market, or to the ferry terminal. Breakfasts were excellent, and the hosts provided 24 hour coffee/tea (wonderful tea choices!) in the dining room. The house is very quiet, in a residential area, but a 5-10 minute walk from some interesting ethnic restaurants and shops, which we very much enjoyed. The room was comfortable, and as pictured (on the 3rd floor). I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I was on a whirlwind trip of the Seattle area. My highlight was definitely my trip/stay to the Shafer-Baillie Mansion. Glen was very helpful giving me directions to the mansion over the phone and showing me around the place. It is such an amazing property. The bed was amazing, room was bright, spacious bathroom and larger than I expected flat-screen television. He also was very helpful in recommending some great local places to eat along 15th! Unfortunately, I had to leave extremely early the next morning, and Brenda offered to pack me a to-go bag. I was so touched at the feast she had packed which lasted me all the way back on my trip to the east coast. My only regret is I did not get to stay longer. I will definitely be back again. One last note, I was a bit apprehensive about the parking being on the street...but they were right, there was plenty of parking on the quiet residential street!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert N
Piney Point, Maryland
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We have lived in the Seattle area for about 3 years and have been relocated by our company out to the east coast. We stayed at the mansion after our things had been packed up and sent on its way out east. We absolutely loved the mansion and all their rooms. The breakfasts were amazing, ideal for what my husband and I like for our first meal of the day! Everyone was so great here and made our stay, after being tired from moving all our things, very pleasant. The location to Capital Hill is great and its a slight walk to downtown Seattle but if you not up for that, the bus stop is only a block away from the mansion which makes it nice if the weather isn't great! We have lots of friends still in Seattle and will defiantly stay here anytime we come back!

Room Tip: The 3rd floor suites are large rooms and are very nice. We stayed in Queen Ann Room and was very nic...