US$289
  • Pool
US$530
Cancelon
  • Room Service
All reviewshi expressfresh baked cinnamon rollspancake makeryogurtminute drivethe breakfast areanorthgate mallfree breakfastaurora avenuebusy roadhot tubbooked this hotelshower curtainfront desk staffspace needlecomfortable staystayed nights
Reviewed September 20, 2017

Upon check out I received the bill which was correct. After arriving home I checked my bank statement and found 2 charges, one matching the bill and another for $60. I called the hotel and spoke to Jessica who insisted it would fall off. I called the bank and they said it would not fall off so the bank removed it from my charges. I should NOT have to have done this!

The room was cleaned daily and housekeeping did a very good job except for two of the four days they did not leave bath towels. I had to call to request them.

On a positive note the staff who handle the breakfast are outstanding. We had some significant crowds and yet the various stations never ran out of food. They were friendly and helpful. I needed to warm my coffee in the microwave and they were happy to oblige.

The location of the hotel is great, however, just expect a problem or two. Just hope they are minor.

Room Tip: View of the Space Needle
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dontcallmeillcallyou
hotelmanager379, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2017

Unfortunately we are unable to look up your reservation and we don't have a Jessica at our facility. Please fee free to contact the hotel manager directly so we can see where the issue was or if it was at our location.

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

The staff here is great, nice hotel to stay, they go out above and beyond to make sure they show they care.
This hotel is close on bus route - the e line bus take you 3rd and Pike and you are on your way Pike's Farmers Market.
Shops and fresh fruit and veggies to enjoy while here, the fresh cut flowers are just beautiful, just wish I could take them home.
Plenti of places to eat and the original Star Buck, be ready for the long line.
I will definitely return to Seattle.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sybil G
Kim G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and feedback. We are so happy you enjoyed your adventures here in Seattle and even happier that you loved your stay at our hotel. We will look forward to your next adventure. Thank you again for the amazing feedback and as always thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express & Suites North Seattle Shoreline.

Reviewed September 15, 2017

Ok hotel near City Center. Room was clean and somewhat crowded. Bed was comfortable. View out our window was the Space Needle. Breakfast was included in the rate and was above average. The room taxes make this a above average cost

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2017

Hi Donald G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. While we appreciate your kind regards toward our property's overall cleanliness including the quality of breakfast served, it is regrettable to learn that you only found our hotel to be at its average best. Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Rest assured, we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide a wonderful stay. I have faith in our hotel that they will continue to do their best to improve our amenities and services.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback. I truly hope that we will have a chance to make it up to you and provide you with a better stay in the future.

Alvin M.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed September 14, 2017

Room 440...went 2 days early for a cruise...we stay a lot at HI Express locations primarily because we "know what to expect"...great beds and bedding...clean and comfortable...reasonably priced...we've never been disappointed...this was no exception...

we opted out of the downtown seattle scene due to high rates...we figured (as i read many reviews) to stay at airport hotel and take link (light rail system) each morning...worked out great...Link is $6/person day pass...easy...safe...about 30 minute ride downtown...the Angle Lake station is 2 blocks (easy, safe walk) from hotel...we even rode back after Mariner's game (probably 11ish local time we got back)...no issues...

rooms were not "the 4 seasons"...but nice, clean and very quiet...ac ran cold, hot water in shower and the bed and beddings were great...slept like a rock...about a mile from airport and they picked us up for free...

BTW we took a shuttle (arranged by HI Express and charged to room) to Pier 91...$14 per person...simple, no drama

Room Tip: we stayed in 440...very quiet...could see Mt Ranier out of window each morning
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank blindhogsat
Reviewed September 10, 2017

OK, first the good:
1. Aesthetically it is nice. Lobby and rooms look good.
2. Breakfast buffet had a pancake maker (this is my 10yo's sole factor for review)

The not so good:
1. The mattress sucked. And when I say it sucked, when I sat/lay on it I was sucked down 30 feet as it was the worst mattress ever.
2. The staff didn't know what a suite was. On check-in, I asked if a suite was available for free upgrade (I am an IHG Platinum member). At first, they said it would cost like $300 more, I politely informed them they were wrong, but I would stay in a regular room. So, then, after discussions with their general manager, they decided to 'upgrade' me to a suite. It was just two regular rooms with a door in-between. Not that sweet.
3. Maintenance. The room I was in (vs my son and his friend) had a bathroom door that didn't lock and the shower curtain rod sagged so the curtain would not keep water (or heat) in. Annoying, but not the end of the world. FWIW, that was room 104.
4. Location. Sorta a sketchy location. First thing I did in the am was go and make sure all the windows were still in my car...

Pool was ok (my son and his friend like it) but nothing special. Hot tub was broken.

Room Tip: Not room 104!!!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Timruns
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

Hello Timruns,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a candid review about Holiday Inn Express And Suites North Seattle Shoreline. I recognize your stay was not 100% satisfactory because of the condition of the bed, level of service received and condition of the bathroom door. I am sorry for the letdown.

IHG values your experience with our hotels as a member of the IHG Rewards Club. I have sent you a private message so we can gather some additional information regarding your experience. Please allow us another chance to make things right.

Looking forward to hear from you soon!

Cheers,