All reviews hi express fresh baked cinnamon rolls pancake maker yogurt minute drive the breakfast area northgate mall free breakfast aurora avenue hot tub busy road booked this hotel shower curtain front desk staff stayed nights space needle comfortable stay
Reviewed October 4, 2017

Easily accessed from SeaTac airport, $45 taxi ride, strangely no fixed rate although there is a fixed rate for the return journey from town to SeaTac at $40, excluding tips. First impression was how busy the hotel seemed, reception was crowded but the efficient and friendly reception staff quickly reduced the queues. Obviously proud of their football team, a number of staff were wearing Seattle Seahawks shirts, personally had no problem with this, made the whole thing feel more relaxed. Room was as expected from a town centre hotel, well appointed, clean with comfortable bed, coffee maker. Here is a dilemma if you are a light sleeper, the rooms at the front of the hotel have views of the space needle but can suffer from road noise. The rooms at the rear do not have views, we were told by another couple that all they saw was the wall of the hotel next door but have no road noise. I guess its all down to personal preference.
Breakfast was standard Holiday Inn Express fare, downside was the breakfast room was small for the size of the hotel and was very crowded.
Hotel can arrange a shuttle to the cruise port for $8 each in a mini bus. We stayed at the hotel for a night after our cruise and the taxi fare from Pier 91 to the hotel was a fixed $15.
Space needle, Duck Tour, Mono Rail Museum of Pop, Olympic Park all within easy strolling distance as were a number of restaurants and a 7/11.
A really good convenient place to stay with minimal downsides, just needs a bigger breakfast room hence 4 stars, but I would stay again if in Seattle

Room Tip: See review
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Phil N
Reviewed September 29, 2017

This was a fine hotel for a night. Clean, friendly check-in. In-room coffee, frig and microwave. Nothing fancy but if it is just a place to sleep, this is cleaper than a lot of other alternatives in the area. I would return because I am a member of their points club.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Kim G, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2017

Thank you so much for the wonderful 4 star review and feedback on your recent stay with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for the great comments and as always thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express & Suites North Seattle Shoreline.

Reviewed September 27, 2017

Because this place greatly exceeded my expectations-I have to give it a rating of at least 4. Although an older building, for us, the location was perfect - The view of the Space Needle from our room; walking distance to the needle; perhaps the most cordial, helpful staff I have had at any hotel/motel; good-sized king room; and maybe best of all - in these days of restricted water use - the best shower in decades! Breakfast is similar to most places, decent but nothing to brag about. If you have a large vehicle, such as a large F-150, parking is cramped. Overall - a very positive experience.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that views the needle.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank ron766
Reviewed September 20, 2017

Upon check out I received the bill which was correct. After arriving home I checked my bank statement and found 2 charges, one matching the bill and another for $60. I called the hotel and spoke to Jessica who insisted it would fall off. I called the bank and they said it would not fall off so the bank removed it from my charges. I should NOT have to have done this!

The room was cleaned daily and housekeeping did a very good job except for two of the four days they did not leave bath towels. I had to call to request them.

On a positive note the staff who handle the breakfast are outstanding. We had some significant crowds and yet the various stations never ran out of food. They were friendly and helpful. I needed to warm my coffee in the microwave and they were happy to oblige.

The location of the hotel is great, however, just expect a problem or two. Just hope they are minor.

Room Tip: View of the Space Needle
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dontcallmeillcallyou
hotelmanager379, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2017

Unfortunately we are unable to look up your reservation and we don't have a Jessica at our facility. Please fee free to contact the hotel manager directly so we can see where the issue was or if it was at our location.

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

The staff here is great, nice hotel to stay, they go out above and beyond to make sure they show they care.
This hotel is close on bus route - the e line bus take you 3rd and Pike and you are on your way Pike's Farmers Market.
Shops and fresh fruit and veggies to enjoy while here, the fresh cut flowers are just beautiful, just wish I could take them home.
Plenti of places to eat and the original Star Buck, be ready for the long line.
I will definitely return to Seattle.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sybil G
Kim G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and feedback. We are so happy you enjoyed your adventures here in Seattle and even happier that you loved your stay at our hotel. We will look forward to your next adventure. Thank you again for the amazing feedback and as always thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express & Suites North Seattle Shoreline.