All reviews hi express fresh baked cinnamon rolls pancake maker yogurt the breakfast area northgate mall free breakfast hot tub busy road booked this hotel short drive shower curtain front desk staff stayed nights space needle comfortable stay king bed
Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

This is a pretty nice hotel. A bit pricy for an average chain hotel, but it was clean and comfortable. Good breakfast and staff were quite friendly and accommodating. Beds were firm, but I didn’t find them overly hard as some guests have indicated. Close to restaurants and grocery stores. I would recommend.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2018

We were very happy with our room, number 209, large for its type and age, clean and well maintained. An added bonus was that the window was shielded by a large hedge, thus we were comfortable with leaving the curtains undrawn, as privacy was assured and we could enjoy the ambient light from outside when trying to find the bathroom at 2 am. The problem - cold to lukewarm shower and a tepit bath in the morning. Don't much enjoy shaving with cold water either.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank brwydave02
hotelmanager379, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2018

Thank you so much for the amazing review and feedback on your recent stay with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your room and your stay. Please accept our apology we did have a small water issue with the circulation through the building had worked hard to fix it as quickly as possible. We do hope that you give us a second try with the water and get to experience the wonderful hotel in full that our staff is so proud of.

Reviewed February 18, 2018

The front desk staff are amazing. I keep coming back to this hotel because of the friendly staff. Quick access to Interstate 5 and very close to Northgate mall. I have stayed at this hotel many times and will continue to stay here.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed February 12, 2018

So, those two things are why I won't be back. The pool was ok. The breakfast was great. But, if the beds are hard and you can't sleep...that's the reason you get a hotel. To sleep away from home. I would not have drug my laptop with me if I had known the internet didn't work.

Room tip: on the highway...was loud.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2018

Hello traveller20074,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us the above feedback. While I am happy that Service, Cleanliness and Breakfast all met your expectations, I am sorry that the condition of the bed received was below par. I recognize that sleep is an important aspect of guests' stay and this includes providing you with a comfortable bed.

I have shared your comments with the hotel management as a reference in assessing the quality and comfort level of the beds offered to guests. I trust in the hotel's capacity to make your next stay worthwhile so I hope you stay with us again so we can serve you better.

Once again, thank you for your comments and have a great day!

Warm Regards,

Clayton G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed February 7, 2018

We recently took a trip to Seattle to celebrate my 50th Birthday. Booked a room here at the Holiday Inn Express. We arrived at approximately 8 p.m. unloaded out stuff, and ordered an Uber to dinner. Not good either. We came back to the motel about an hour later and I was out. I woke up the next morning to my back very sore. The beds are not comfortable here. However, the free continental breakfast,and coffee,were amazing. We did not take in the pool. But the smell of chlorine was very strong while we were waiting for the elevator.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2018

Kacy L,

Hello from Holiday Inn Express and Suites North Seattle - Shoreline, we're glad to have hosted you on your 50th! We consistently aim to provide smart accommodations and I'm pleased to read your positive remarks for our continental breakfast and coffee. On the downside, I'm sorry about the discomfort caused by the condition of our beds. Your feedback is important and shared with the team to help pinpoint areas that need improvement.

Thanks for your candor and for choosing to stay with us. I hope you find your way back soon for a chance to make your next experience more stellar than the last.

Safe travels,