US$145
US$270
CrownePlaza.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$312/night.

US$199
US$239
US$234
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsemerald grillspace needlefront desk staffdenny parkroom was cleanminute walkwithin walking distanceunderground garageother attractionsfew blockswhole foodsquick walkbusiness centerking suiteper nightpike place marketlake union
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Have stayed at this hotel a couple of times now on business. Everything you would expect from a Holiday Inn. About 15 walk to central downtown Seattle by foot and 5 - 10 min walk to the Space Needle. The restaurant attached to the hotel is at best average for dinner.

Plus points are big rooms, very friendly staff and free fast wifi.

Negatives - short walk to down (not really an issue for me) and restaurant.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Barry H
BrandiRutherford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review on TripAdvisor regarding your last stay at the Holiday Inn Seattle City Center. We are happy to hear that you enjoy our hotel staff and Wifi in the rooms.

I would love if you could contact me directly to speak regarding your comments regarding our restaurant . We appreciate all feedback that guests can give us to make our hotel location better.

We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Brandi Rutherford

Reviewed February 20, 2012

The manager at this hotel is not very accommodating to business travelers. Every business traveler knows that plans plans channge and the manager of this hotel charger me for a nights stay even through I had canceled the reservation before 6PM.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I initially booked one night's stay due to the hotel's close distance to the start and finish of the Seattle Half Marathon. After I completed the run, I booked an additional night since it was so comfortable. The bed felt fantastic after running 13.1 miles and I appreciated the mini fridge and microwave. The room also had an iron and ironing board. The staff were very helpful and friendly, providing me with safety pins for my race bib when i requested them. Unfortunately, the coffee maker didn't work, which made the microwave especially handy. Parking is an additional fee but not exorbitant given the rates for parking around the hotel. Crews were renovating the lobby and the elevator areas of each floor during our stay, which made it a bit noisy, but crews stopped working at a reasonable time.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
seascrai, General Manager at Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2012

Thank you for your kind words, and thank you for choosing our hotel for your trip during the marathon.

We're actually nearing the end of the renovations process, and are really excited to see the changes that have been made. It's great that we were able to minimize the impact of the construction on everyone, and throughout the process we've made it a priority to put guest needs above the plans, time constraints, and schedules in place for the renovation. It's wonderful to read all of the positive feedback we've been getting in response to this initiative.

I apologize for the issue with the coffee maker, and I hope that the front desk were able to get that replaced for you in a timely manner.

Thank you again, and please come back and visit us soon.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

This hotel is located in the 'Denny triangle' just south of downtown so it is convenient for downtown, Capitol Hill and Seattle center areas. They have a restaurant on site which I didn't try on this visit, but I have on previous stays and it was very good. The rooms are always clean ,up to date and comfortable. I really like a fridge and micro and they have both in every room.
The WiFi actually worked very well with good signal strength. The front desk staff is really friendly and helpful. Jaime , who checked me in is brilliant ! Basically for convenience and good quality mid priced hotel, this place is hard to beat.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback. We're excited, too, to be a part of the Denny Triangle, and to be situated at the intersection of such interesting, and ever-changing districts of Seattle. I think our location, and as you mentioned, members of our staff, really make a difference for our guests, and I'm glad that this was the case for you.

Thank you again, and I I hope that you get a chance to come visit us again soon, so you can see all the improvements we've made with our renovation.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

We stayed here with our two children age 11 and 9. Booked the bunk beds room and wished we didn't. Ours was a corner room split into two rooms to make the bunk bed area. It was a strange layout with the only closet in the bathroom which was off the bunk bed room. Bunk beds were in a second room which had the only desk. Our kids were too big for the bunk beds and the blankets kept coming off..made for much younger children. Our room had a queen bed that barely had any space to walk around with the tv armoire stuck in the corner . No table only a narrow sofa table against the wall so nowhere to put things except in the entry area over the fridge or the floor. No chairs in our queen room only the desk chair in the bunk bed room. Would have been nicer and much less cramped to just get a double queen room. If you have very small children and don't mind about small spaces to move in then this is fine. Overall staff was nice and hotel was clean, typical Holiday Inn. No view of space needle but only a short walk away.

Room Tip: Avoid the bunk bed room unless you have small young children.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank onetravelgirl

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel on Trip Advisor!

I agree with you about the KidSuites, in that they are twin beds designed for younger children. They are very nice rooms but they have a very specific demographic, and are not meant for everyone. That being said, I can completely understand how it would be frustrating to walk into the room expecting something different.

I hope that you still managed to enjoy your stay, and we look forward to your next trip to Seattle.